Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Layout blinds or white suits?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by johnpaul, Jan 14, 2016.

1. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

Anyone just sit in a chair? Laying down too hard for this old guy.

2. Fowlfreak

Fowlfreak New Member

I have the lucky duck chair and sit in the whites. I think you actually get better shots because birds aren't flaring from blind doors opening on that first shot.

Scotty likes this.
  3. Wapiti@67

Wapiti@67 Senior Refuge Member

Yes that is a blue phase ross he has. That is the second one of those I know he has killed, but that one is beautiful! He also has a knack for shooting geese with jewelry on their legs!!

4. Wapiti@67

That is a big negative on the chair! You don't want to be sticking up anymore than absolutely necessary. The boards I have made are extremely comfortable and anyone can do the same. I have had plenty of old people hunting off of them (hope don't read this thread...lol) and no complaints other than their normal aches and pains. Heck, one guy was a brick layer for 30 years and he spends an average of 7 days a year in the spread on that board.

As far as whites vs. blinds go I don't think there is much more to add to this topic. But I will just say that I am not likely to ever use a blind again! I just can't stand being cramped or cooked inside a blind and the field of vision lying on a board is just to great. I will say that anyone that is going to where whites should invest in good clothing instead of white tyvek suits. I have had guys show up in the tyvek suites and I think they look horrible. That is why I keep a large duffel bag of whites available for others.

5. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Tyvek most closely resembles the decoys. Not sure why you would think they look terrible.

6. Webfoot81

Webfoot81 New Member

Can you post a pick of your back boards

7. Wapiti@67

They are already on here. Page 2 under backboard pictures.

8. LuxuryHunter

LuxuryHunter Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Yes, that is a blue phase Ross as Wapiti confirmed. My 3rd overall, and the 2nd time I shot one in that field.

It's currently at the taxidermist. Wil post up more pics when it's done.

[​IMG]

9. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

2nd this. If your entire spread is tyvek decoys it just makes sense to be using tyvek as your white cover up IMO. I think white hoodies look terrible so to each his own.

10. Wapiti@67

Apparently there are different types of tyvek. The tyvek that the hunters showed up with were not the same color white as the hundreds of White Rock decoys I have & there was an ugly sheen to it.