Layover question

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Westmichwtrdog, Sep 26, 2016.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I believe you got that right... Tourist trap.

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Fer sure..not a coincidence the 1st lamberts was in Branson, and the 2nd one a few miles north of Gulf Shores...

3. Westmichwtrdog

Westmichwtrdog Senior Refuge Member

OK now what if we get a good tail wind or my wife is actually ready on time and we make it to the Little Rock area. Any suggestions on stopping just before or just past. Steve

4. DHC

DHC Elite Refuge Member

DO NOT stop and stay in Blytheville, West Memphis either. Marion might be ok, but I would suggest just coming on to little rock(it's only 2ish hours further than Memphis) and will have much nicer options to stay.

5. Westmichwtrdog

Westmichwtrdog Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for all the info. We survived our 4 day round trip to Dallas and even got to check off a bucket list item. We left home at 830, an hour late as usual, had a rainy drive through most of Illinois. Missouri and Arkansas were interesting sites and we made it to Lonoke for the night. Went to the Mexican place across the road and tried to order a beer. Nope its a dry county! ***? Backtracked Saturday morning to go to Macks Prairie wings. Never been and didn't buy much but such nice people and the wife always enjoys shopping. Missed the Little Rock loop so got to see downtown. Made Dallas by 4pm and had a nice visit until Sunday at noon. Then headed back north through Oklahoma and across Missouri. Stopped at Springfield for the night but skipped Bass pro Monday morning. Left at 8:30 and made it home in 11 hrs. All in all a nice whirlwind trip and not sure I would do it again but glad we went. Thanks again, Steve.

6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

That highway from Little Rock to Texarkana is brutal. Got stopped for 6.5 hours there a couple of weeks ago. I was heading north and had just texted my wife I'd be home about 1:30am. Got home at 8:00.