Lead shot ban for dove hunting

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by lanthanide, Dec 11, 2014.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Why would it have a negative impact on future hunters? It has no impact on any species.

As to Australia, it sounds like they got shut down for breaking the law rather than because they didn't voluntarily quit shooting lead.

2. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

That is corect AQ go on ausie hunter i am on there under marsh fox they are struggling over there, if they could turn the clocks back i dare gamble they would do.

3. KillerClyde

KillerClyde Banned

Lead soht is Duck Darwinism. Only the Strong desirve to servive .

4. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

No it was decided by state and assesed they decide at government level if a given sdtate can hunt or not some states have not hunted waterfowl for years, its bad over there. and if they had just gone with the flow no in depth research would have been done just non tox and carry on.. ,, well no research not at that stage any how, who has a crystal ball.

5. lanthanide

lanthanide Elite Refuge Member

AvianQuest ^ ^ ^ ^ "Then the courts, using science based evidence"

Seriously...every time I present any analytical data to our corporate lawyers they look at it like a monkey doing a math problem.

All "scientific" studies presented in any court are as crooked as the politician presenting them. They are agendas pure and simple. Data is never presented in it's pure form...much of the data is either overstated or omitted depending on the needs of the day. Testimony between lawyers and their "experts" is as choreographed as any Broadway musical.

I've been in these kind of hearings where "scientific" evidence is presented. I'm usually appalled.

6. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

AQ its called incrementalism, or in the vernacular, the frog in the pot.

One shouts "Save the environment, ban lead!" The other screams, "Save the children, ban guns." Same difference, same MO. Deny it all you want, but facts is facts. Oh, yeah, and both are disingenuous.

7. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

In the case of ducks, we were losing 3 million a year to lead poisoning from hunters using lead shot.

Since the USFWS estimates something like 450,000 to 600,000 more acres of breeding habitat would be needed to replace those poisoned ducks, then we have a problem since those acres don't exist even if we had the money to create them.

8. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

I agree it wont call off the wolves but they are not going away anyhow any way ever. so at least have right on our side.
    I am not anti hunting why do you think i am taking this stance. BASC in the uk have done a fantastic job of both research and pr with regards the whole lead shot fiassco over here, it was long drawn out and fought with insane odds stacked againg hunters but they held on as long as they could scotland was a little slower and did get a bit better deal for their efforts, but it came none the less.
    Just standing there not being receptive is not the answer, theAusies AQ mentioned is a prime example a lot less blood would have been shed with a bit of flexing their case is evidence enough of this.
    AS for the antis its not th shot type thats the problem its disturbance site use restricted acces thats the danger ara trust me its the killer we are up against this in the uk and its not going away and is causing issues real issues that could put sport at risk .

9. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

I have a better idea......Why don't you take the same 1 oz of finely ground lead shot and take it as a suppository? :cool:

10. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Give me $1,000 and it'll do it with steel shot.

Note that no one is taking me up on the easy grand with the lead shot. That's because they really know it would kill them deader than a poisoned mallard.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014