LED Replacement Bulb experiences

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by smashdn, Jan 8, 2016.

1. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Burned out another driver side dim bulb about a month ago. First bulb lasted ~4 months. DRL are the devil.

2. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

3. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

I run LED headlights on my 2011 F150 and really like them. They are not necessarily a lot brighter for long distance, but the visibility of signs and animal eyes is excellent and noticeable right off. I also run Cree 3X3 cubes for backup which is my favorite truck mod.
    I just purchased some oval LED to install in my fog light housings. Those will probably be too bright for oncoming drivers. I will use them out in the boonies for hunting and fishing runs.

4. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

CF do you mind posting or sending a pic of the crees on your ford? I have been thinking about those as a mod for my 2013 F150

5. California Flyway

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Not to you, but they sure are to oncoming drivers. Dang, I'm much to young to feel this damn old. My astigmatisms hate LEDs and Xenon bulbs. FWIW, factory ones aren't terrible at all... It's the aftermarket ones.

7. California Flyway

Some LED's are too bright. I do not get flashed by oncoming drivers which is my litmus test for too bright.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I get that with my factory halogen bulbs. Always by little cars that sit low to the ground. I think my bulbs must be at eye level at about 100 feet of short cars or something. I used to leave my fog lights on to let folks know they were my low beams, but apparently most drivers don't know that fog lights only work with your low beams on, on a factory vehicle... Now, I just bright-light them back.