Lesbian wedding cake

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Squaller, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...ke-case/ar-BBHsfaR?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

I am guessing they wished they made the dam cake... $135 in emotional distress for not getting a cake?

I would say let the free market decide... As to any decision a business owner makes as to which clientele he will serve or not...

Michael and 3inch3's like this.
  2. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

It'll be reversed after the SCOTUS rules on the Colorado bakery case. But the damage is done and these activists have bullied decent people.

BirdJ, WHUP ! Hen and OneShotBandit like this.
  3. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

But why should we care what two consenting adults do behind closed doors?

How will the legalization of gay marriage affect you at all?

Keep your laws out of my bedroom!

(Sarcasm switch now off.) ;)

Banded1 and The_Duck_Master like this.
  4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I actually agree with all of those statements... I also believe that someone else's belief system should not be "inflicted" upon me...

I get your point, and I understand the irony here... My response would be to let the free market decide, and let me serve (or not) who I choose for the reasons I choose... Portland ain't exactly the most "conservative" town, and I would guess that with some publicity, that this business would have struggled due to such business decisions.

If I were to open a business and refuse to serve black people, I am guessing things would not go well for me in this current society....

However, I do understand that the constitution is here to protect individual rights (as opposed to group dynamics)... The regulation or not of business owners and the ability to serve (or not) given individuals based on race, religion, or gender (or lack thereof) seems to be in conflict to some degree. If we regulate, we are infringing upon the rights of the business owner, and if we do not regulate, we are to some degree infringing upon the rights of those "not" being served.

My current line of thinking is that the business owners got the short end of the constitution here... But I do understand that my point could easily be argued against...

newduk, WHUP ! Hen and API like this.
  5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

At what point is the line drawn where a small business is government mandated it must provide to a society?

How come one party in a transaction can be offended but a sole proprietor being offended (an individual) in the same transaction can not be considered? Sounds like more "Protected class" where some are more equal than others.

newduk, BirdJ, 3inch3's and 1 other person like this.
  6. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

I find it highly unlikely that anyone with serious religious/moral convictions would wish they had ignored their conscience.

OneShotBandit and Bear like this.
  7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Or anyone believing in freedom from government oppression/privilege of one group over another.

BirdJ and OneShotBandit like this.
  8. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

I saw this on the news, guess the bakery owner doesn't have any rights???

9. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

What part of the United States' Constitution did the business violate?

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  10. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Read the ruling.