Less gun and more camera this year

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Guzman, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Guzman

Guzman Elite Refuge Member

This year I spent a lot of the year behind the camera. It was fun and a new challenge. I still have a lot to learn. Trying to put a good video together is quiet the challenge. Not there yet but making progress. This was a video from the last day of the season.

jzee likes this.
  2. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Way the hey better than most - I actually watched the whole thing. You've an eye for capturing a hunt.

3. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

Good calling and footage. You guys might want some snow decs!!!!!

4. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Nicely done

5. NEwaterfolwer

NEwaterfolwer New Member

Great video! Well done Guzman! That was fun to watch

6. Guzman

Thank you everyone.

Marahmob- historically in moses lake, WA area we rarely saw snow geese. This year there were an average of 2-5k. It is really new to us. Shane used to guide up in Peace River area and had mixed success on them. Other than that the rest of us have never hunted them. We have been buying a few full bodies and next year we will probably be more serious about trying to kill them.

7. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

Just make sure you have a good support group, its a bad addiction

Wareagle1 likes this.
  8. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Nice video. At first I was going to say that filming guys gathering gear or driving to the boat ramp or stopping for snacks is a filler and a waste of time. Your's with just some gear moving and set up was just enough. Also nice choice of music ( what? no Metalica blasting non stop in my ears?,ha) when it was there and also nice just to hear the quiet, then the calling and conversation in the blind. Good shooting scenes and I like the overhead perspectives too. Your video all in all was a pleasing portrayal of how a lot of us guys hunt. No drama, no ego, no heavy message of God knows what....just good hunting. Good work, keep them coming.
    I know a guy who was an avid duck and goose hunter. Picked up the camera , put down the shotgun and is capturing great waterfowl and now all bird and nature images and is enjoying it big time. Nothing wrong with that or having the best of both worlds. Enjoy both passions. :tu

9. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Perfectly summed up

10. Guzman

Thank you tailfeathers. I did one of my intros where I timelapsed the setup which was cool. I was hoping for a clear morning to do a time lapse with stars in background but didn’t work out.

Adding in different angles makes the video more enjoyable. It is really hard to manage that many cameras. Next year I am hoping to run two cameras from the edge of the field. One with a good zoom and one with a wide angle to get all the shooting. Than have someone else run two gopros, audio, and another camera from inside blind to capture those other angles. I would like to get some more relevant audio of hunt such as why the decoys set up how they are, how geese are reacting and such to help tell the story a little better.

The drone shots are really fun. Maybe next year I will have a better camera on drone. Currently using DJI mavic which has a small sensor. They are talking about new mavic coming out with one inch sensor which might give some better dynamic range and help get the decoys to pop out a bit more in the field.