Lets hear how the holiday hunting was....

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by Tubs, Nov 28, 2005.

1. 12ga

12ga Banned

2 Mallard drakes a widgeon, 1 gad and a pintail :tu

2. pyle762

pyle762 Elite Refuge Member

Tubs, are you guys hunting the area just above where we huinted last year? ;)

3. Birdup

Birdup Moderator

Nope. We were up a few dams from there. ;) ;)

4. azfunn

azfunn Senior Refuge Member

Drake pin, hen mallard, and immature drake spoonie and one pair leaky waders at 14 degrees (chilly)

5. Tubs

Tubs Senior Refuge Member

azfunn are those your first ducks for the season? Good to hear you are getting into them :tu

Pair of leaky waders :( ohhhh man I don't ever want that :fp hope I can stay away from that happening for a long time

6. azfunn

azfunn Senior Refuge Member

Tubs-almost, I got a couple earlier in the season. The leaky waders (brand new) in that temperature was real fun. Funny thing is I had decided to pick up at 11:15 as I had wiggled my toes and leg trying to keep it warm for so long that I was getting cramps. I had put the gun in it's case, the shells in the blind bag, had my waders, jeans, and long johns down kneeling(because the wind was so strong I was afraid I'd get blown over) in the bottom of the boat taking a leak over the side when I looked to the right and here were two mallard drakes bearing right in on me. When they finally saw me and flared they were 6-7 feet off the deck and less than 10 yards out. I had my deeks right up next to the reeds as it was the only semi-calm spot. Woulda, couda,shouda department. If not for the leaky waders causing me to call it quits early--that would have been the easiest double on mallards I've ever seen. For awhile I thought maybe they wanted in the boat with me.l

7. Tubs

Ahh the old taking a leak and missing the only birds you've seen all day thing... Happens to me all the time :eek:

At least when you have your waders around your knees and are trying to balance on your boat and take a leak all at the same time you don't have someone else in the boat playing "lets see how much we can move the boat before Ian falls in". I haven't fallen in yet but with Birdups help i'm sure it won't be very long until that happens....

8. Birdup

Birdup Moderator

Well when Tubs dresses like this under his waders do you blame me for trying to push him overboard. :l :l
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Tubs

Hey can I help it if I had a wild night the night before and forgot to change :D :z

10. DefectiveDabbler

DefectiveDabbler Elite Refuge Member

Well, I got invited to a triple top secret honey hole by one of the AZ gang but couldn't make it as my wife was violently ill and I didn't want to be out of town with her that sick.

My wife insisted that since I was staying home that get out for some quail or dove. What a wife, barfing every 30 minutes and feeling bad that I gave a up a trip !!!!!!

I went over to Rovey all four days and managed limits never taking longer than an hour and a half. Not ad for this late in the season.

We ate dove all weekend (with turkey of course) .

I got asome nice pics of Jax and I which I will post up.

I also found my cell phone. It was missing for 5 days. It was in one of my bird vests, imagine that !

Jax and I are heading out today for some honkers !!!!!!!!! Woohoo !!!!!!!!