Lets see some pictures

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by jmills, Feb 1, 2005.

1. jwkimber45

jwkimber45 Elite Refuge Member

Winchester Mod 70 22-250

BSA Contender 6-24 x 40mm

[​IMG]

2. NDTerminator

NDTerminator Elite Refuge Member

BigReid, I'm jealous as hell. Living in Alaska and flying a Cub? Not fair, Pard! I never got a chance to check out in one, I flew Cessnas....

3. bigreid

bigreid Moderator

Super cub is the only way to travel up here. I am lucky to have a few friends.... As much area as you get access to the possibilities are endless, but those guys fly in some unbelieveable stuff and land in even more unbelieveable places, I could tell you some stories. Nothing like having to hold the wing down while we push the plane backwards to the edge of a mountian because the wind is blowing 60+ across the "strip" ie: tundra and take off perpendicular in about 40 yards, maybe...

4. NDTerminator

NDTerminator Elite Refuge Member

Here's a picture from 1989, the last year I ran a snare line. After this, the mange epidemic hit and very nearly wiped out the fox population, which are only now beginning to recover. I ran between 40-50 sets, and got these 5 dogs overnight on the 25 snare line I had just east of town. I averaged 2 dogs a day through December & January, and bought a new rifle with fur money that season...

[​IMG]

5. misfire

misfire Senior Refuge Member

Here is my current love affair.

Remington Sendero, Leupold Mark 4 LR/T, Leupold QRW bases and rings, Harris bipod and Eagle Industries comb pad. I'm saving up for an Accuracy International AICS that I hope to have before the summer is out. We'll see....

The rifle is stock, except a trigger job and regularly shoots .5 MOA 5 round groups at 100 with reloads. I've been shooting this rifle to 700 yards, making hits on baseballs at 400 and golf balls at 300. Two weeks ago, I missed a coyote at 150.. :sp

Attached Files:

6. mallardSX2

mallardSX2 Elite Refuge Member

I have posted this before but it is a funny picture! Pretty tame arnt they???
    I am the DUDE in the white sweatshirt on the right. :D :D

Attached Files:

7. TFish

TFish Senior Refuge Member

One from January when we had Winter. Been a serious lack of snow here in Illinois this year....at least where I'm at. He came into a jack rabbit tape. But, there's no jacks in Ill. Guess he didn't know that. We were just trying something different than the cottentail.

[​IMG]

8. Kalend

Kalend Refuge Member

Predator hunting is an exciting time. I also like to hunt coyotes and foxes. I usually run alot of traps(around 350 traps) during season when theres not much snow, then when the snow hits, i get the predator calls and snares out. Good luck

9. dedduck

dedduck Senior Refuge Member

Here was a weekend calling contest a couple of weeks ago here in Northern Nebraska.
    [​IMG]

That dog on the right was a hog though...

10. dedduck

dedduck Senior Refuge Member

Here are some cats I called in this last fall also. Northern Nebraska... I dot I saw a puddy cat!!! :dv

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]