Lets see some pictures

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by jmills, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

nice pictures guys.

Silly, now that's what I'm thinkin' when guys start talking about long lines around here. Long lining always meant trapline to me till all these diver hunters got to talking. I only truly ran a long line a couple of years in my life back in the early 80's in western Illinois, when we could make some money. My buddy did all the driving and I put up all the fur.

A friend of mine shot a cross fox coming out of the field he was goose hunting in this year. We were going to get out and try to call in a few, but time is getting away from us. I've seen quite a few crosses around here, but it's all so dotted with subdivisions now you really have a problem getting a rifle out into them and pets everywhere, so trapping is not a good option either. The locals seem to regard fox about like we did 'possum' back in the midwest.

take care Kino, we'll keep feeding you stories and photos.

2. mallardSX2

mallardSX2 Elite Refuge Member

I guess I could post up a few more.......
    Heres a few classic PA Coyotes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a Few!

3. Kino

Kino Senior Refuge Member

Nice pics SX2. PLEASE tell me you had the blacks mounted or at least the hides tanned! I have only seen one black coyote, and it was in Canada, so it was only about 1600 miles from home, so hunting it was not an option!!!

Kino

4. mallardSX2

mallardSX2 Elite Refuge Member

I got a full mount of it. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

5. TFish

TFish Senior Refuge Member

Here's one from a couple of years back. Wish we had had a scale.....guessed him well over 50lbs. but it was hard to tell. Big one, anyway.

[​IMG]

6. Woodduck31

This is a picture of my first double on coyotes. The one in the foreground was a 45 lb. male and a female in the background. This is the worst digger coyote I ever had. I suspect the female was in the trap first and got him a little wacko, at least enough to let down his guard. You put my 250 lbs and two coyotes on that bycicle and it was a load back to the house. No wonder the bearings went out. Dad was none too happy about the dead spots in our wheat field either.

The bobcat is one I called into 4 yards with a deer bleat mouth call. Shot it with my single six with a yellow jacket. He ran 80 yards before piling up. Took me the better part of an hour to find him, finally smelled him.

7. dedduck

dedduck Senior Refuge Member

Looks like crop circles! That bike sitting there just looks funny! Great pics!!

8. Woodduck31

we had an old 9N Ford, but I just didn't want to go to the hassle of firing it up to drive out to these sets, they were only about 150 yards from the house, the bycicle made more sense. I used my bike to get to my deer stand and to go turkey hunting on the back of our place. I didn't have it however when I shot the bobcat and it was 3/4 of a mile from the house, he was getting mighty heavy by the time I got home.

9. MallardAddict

MallardAddict Elite Refuge Member

Never really thought to take my digital camera varmint and coyote hunting so i have no kill pics, but i guess i should start. none the less, heres my 3 go to guns for 90% of what i do.

the first pic is my 77/17 with 6-24 tasco ( works okay for now) and rifle basix trigger otherwise its stock and shoots the hrnady vmax's into 1/2" @ 100 yds. the second gun in that pic is a ruger 10/22 with a 18" bull barrel and fajen sporter thumbhole stock, also with a 6-24 tasco, and trigger/sear kit to fix the trigger pull and creep, soon to get an extended mag release

Second pic is my Kimber 84M in 22-250 with VXIII 6.5-20. 26" fluted midweight barrel, shoots with any full bull gun i have seen and doesnt weigh much more then a standard gun, also has had a slight bit of trigger work done but was pretty much great from kimber