Lets see your off road deluxe super dooper swamper....lol

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by Waterfowl fool, Oct 14, 2014.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I must say i don't think I've ever heard of someone wanting a jeep for the ride!

2. deltadukman

deltadukman Senior Refuge Member

I would take the ride of a Defender 90 over a Jeep any day. Ive driven both. I would love a Defender 110 or 90 for nostalgia as we didnt get them in the states but a few years and just the 90's. That jeep with the racks looks like what the Auzzies call a UTE. Its based off a model of a Toyota landcrusier.

3. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

I said Drive never mentioned ride.

4. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

A ute is aything at all holden nissan ford , the toyotas you see are ausie / oceana spec series 70 cruiser styled machines can have many engines in them toyota fit the toyota blizars daihatsh fourtrak or rocky 2.8 turbo engine in some and the hino 6 cylinder as is fitted to the TLCs The H prefix is for Hino.
    As for jeeps vs landrovers jeeps drive and handle much better, the 90s i have had 6 since the mid 80s and every series land rover before that, even an 80 inch series one with a BMC i.5 litre diesel engine in it.
    90s are cramped uncomfortable very fragile in a colision and the mechanicals are dire i cant think of a decent engine and vox they ever had fitted.
    The rediculous back bulkhead restricts legroom for all but dwarfs and reliability is dismal. Apart from that they rot like hell and i just cant think of a single redeaming factor about them.
    I know every last nut and bolt on a landrover every model right from the 1600cc inlet over exhaust valve cast iron head right through to the guttless TD5 and noisy Ford transit diesels of today. Not even the gearboxes take any abuse. Sorry LRs are just terrible every last inch of them. I would rather have a SBE or an edsel than a LR.

5. wildfowl4444

wildfowl4444 Elite Refuge Member

Couple pictures of my Jeep

Attached Files:

6. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

Look the part the four doors, a jeep thats even more practical.:tu

7. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

Anyone any modified ATV shooting platforms for shooting cyotes or vermin from.

8. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Ive got the stock version of windrider's xj. It is an 01 and so far has been very capable and fun to drive. Doesn't ride any worse than the 3/4 dodge I got rid of.

New suspension for it has been ordered as well as new 31" at tires to go on it.

9. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

Has it got the 2.5 litre VM turbo diesel in it ? I know the first model XJ the slightly more squared off ones with the 1/4 lights in the front windows.
    Had the Renault 2068cc diesel in them in canada so i guess America had the same diesel engine.

10. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

A 'proper jeep', is an FJ. Substance and ride over look tough and die. :tu:l