Lets see your off road deluxe super dooper swamper....lol

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by Waterfowl fool, Oct 14, 2014.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Oil burners are relatively rare over here unfortunately. I'd love to have a 1HD in my cruiser but that's a high dollar swap.

:tu

2. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

I am a toyota man to the core, but i do like jeeps proper ones, They bring out that nostalgia in me rather like land rover do to americans and mentaly retarded Brits.
    Jeeps are quite tough things with the right components, the dana 60 or rockwell axle under them and a nice Nissan 2.7 turbo engine instaled i cant think of a much nicer thing to have for ecconomy and reliability from an off road/ highway machine, . 1000 000 miles from the Nissan 2.7 turbo( nearly every london cab has one) and in a jeep you would get 30-35 mpg on the highway. Why are you boys so taken by petrol trucks. :scratch

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

They haven't built better off road devices than these yet, slow but dependable
    [​IMG]

4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

If you start adding rockwell axles and Nissan diesels is it really a jeep any more? I'm far from against mods, just saying.

Emissions are the reason we have gas burners here. Until recently most of our diesels were only in 3/4-1tons. I love the new trend of smaller diesels popping up in smaller vehicles but i hate all the crap they have on them to get them to pass emissions standards.

5. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

We have (well her indoors) a Volkswagen Touareg V10 diesel Back in New Zealand, that apparently puts cleaner air out than it takes in. :yes
    Most modern diesels are super clean burning, i remember reading on another thread here. Toyota dont/cant sell the D4D diesels in the hilux,:confused: That engine is one of the cleanest diesels out there.
    Why wont your EPA let them in over there. :scratch

6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

As clean as they may be they don't meet our standards.
    Over the last decade diesel has also went from being a good bit cheaper than gas to being a good bit higher.

7. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

The only jeeps I know of with a diesel is the Liberty's had them as an option and the new Grand Cherokees have them as an option.

My XJ has the straight 6 4.0 but with the coil pack ignition instead of a distributor and plug wires.

I replaced the transmission mounts, engine mounts, and put a K&N instake on it.

I am getting a 1.5" lift put on it and 31s shortly. The lift is on order.

The rear leafs on mine bend the wrong direction and are part of the reason for the new suspension. It squats badly when pulling my big boat.

I have the Amazon auxillary headlight harness and brand new stock fog lights in the garage that need to be put on it. Due an oil change as well. But I have a front seal leak and I am switching it over to Rotella T6(?) full synthetic and am worried that it will further clean out what gunk is keeping me from having a really bad leak.

If I had my druthers I would get a wagoneer and put a cummins in it.

8. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

Libertys in England and new zealand have the 2.8 crd engine in them, its a VM turbo but with comon rail, mercedes use this engine. It is in the later grang voyagers and not like the earlier 2.5 grand voyager which is a genuine mercedes 2.5 turbo. Grand voyagers are called dodge mini vans over your place.

9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

A diesel minivan would be awesome! Albeit not a Dodge one. :(