Leveling kit - Worth it?

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by huntinjunkie, Sep 2, 2015.

1. huntinjunkie

huntinjunkie Senior Refuge Member

Thinking of putting a 3" riser on the front end of my 2014 Ford Screw. Cost is about 100.00 but wondering if I'm opening the door to other problems. Tire guy already told me I'll have to get the front end re-aligned and the aggressive tires I'm running are prone to cupping if anything is out of whack. Sure would look nice though :)
    Whatddya'll think?

2. the_dude

the_dude Elite Refuge Member

I've had a leveling kit on my '06 Tundra for the last 3 years. I put it on so I could get 33's on it. I haven't had any issues.

3. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

makes the stance of the truck look good only thing I had to do was adjust my headlight beams down a little as after I had this done I noticed I would get Flashed by oncoming cars.

4. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I have the projector style lights, I get flashed all of the time, and now after reading this I've noticed an uptick since getting the level kit put on. I also notice a noise when I have the wheel hard over, not a wheel well rub.

My truck does look a lot better with it, handling seems the same. 2013 F150 FX4 4-Door, 2 inch level kit

5. huntinjunkie

6. TabCheck

TabCheck Refuge Member

If you do a 3" kit in the front you will need new rear blocks as well, your front will be higher then the rear. Look into a 2" kit or go with the 5100 Bilstein shocks. They adjust for different height without spacers, and the fix the LEAN the f150 has when turning.

7. huntinjunkie

Thanks. I've seen 2, 2.5 and 3". I assumed that even the 3" wouldn't bring the front up enough to meet the back as the 3" rating isn't the actual lift you get just the thickness of the block.

8. Trophyduck

Trophyduck Elite Refuge Member

I used the 5100 Ride Height Adjustables from Bilstein...leveled and rides/handles great.
    (with that and more aggressive tire, my MPGs went down though)

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Do you get any tire rub? My Tundra had larger than stock tires on it when purchased, and they would rub in a tight turn. No lift. Went from a 285 "something" back to 265 "something" (only about a 1/2" height difference), and the rub went away. Would like to go up to a slight lift in the future to fit 33s.

10. eriegunner

eriegunner Senior Refuge Member

auto spring out of idaho put 2" level on f150 supercrew and it handled better didnt have the nose dive. 33" mud terrain