licence increase

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Flyway Forum' started by NOLUCK, Nov 6, 2015.

1. NOLUCK

NOLUCK Senior Refuge Member

WOW I know I am a little behind but I have to ask. Why do the powers to be believe that a 100% increase over 5 years is acceptable. They are going to loose so many hunters the actual income will not increase by much if any. Why don't they allow out of state hunters to pick what they want and not force us to get deer,turkey tags that I don't want.

2. Dogface

Dogface Senior Refuge Member

I agree this will eventually generate less money. I'm surprised there is a lot of support from hunters for the increase on huntingpa.com.

3. Smackdown 870

Smackdown 870 Elite Refuge Member

Well, most of the people that waterfowl hunt in the southern state all flock to Md and pay huge property leases and run the people from Maryland and Delaware out of thier own state. If I was Delaware or Maryland I would up out of state licence's up 300%. Also with the number of waterfowl short stopping the southern atlantic flyway Pa is going to be the new goose hunting capitol.

4. NOLUCK

NOLUCK Senior Refuge Member

thats the thing for me and the guys I hunt with we pay $106 to hunt ducks only. Out of the 4 of us I am the only one willing to pay the $212 they want to go to. That means I won't buy one either because I am not going alone. I am sure we aren't the only ones that are going to do this.

5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I think you'll get more guys hunting without a license.

6. ted brogan

ted brogan Senior Refuge Member

Hate to say it but Delaware up there by 130% this year on Pa residents it went from !95 to 334 dollars for my lic . I have no problem them upping the cost of Non resident lic they need to do it in one lump sum on Delaware they had two price increase that Pa did not match in the last 5 years know this. I see a ton of Delaware hunters on the river and fields around the south east corner of the state

7. ted brogan

ted brogan Senior Refuge Member

[QUOTE="NOLUCK, post: Why don't they allow out of state hunters to pick what they want and not force us to get deer,turkey tags that I don't want.[/QUOTE]
    Because they come as part of lic unlike Va where you have to buy each Tag