Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

License Plate Fees

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by rism, Mar 29, 2017.

1. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

Has anybody heard for sure whether the extra money we pay for specialty plates is still going to that cause?? The law passed in November that said all fees would go to IDOT could only be changed by Constitutional Amendment. If the extra $ I spend for my Sportsman plate is not going to the IDNR then I'm going back to regular plates!!!!

2. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

I was wondering the same thing the other day.

I sure as hell dont want to pay $128 per year to IDOT just to have two goofy looking Canada geese on my trucks plates ( the original plates with the original Canada's looked pretty good ).

3. keith_scumline

keith_scumline Elite Refuge Member

What he said...

4. Old Olt

Old Olt Senior Refuge Member

They passed a bill a year ago doing away with all of the specialty plates. New plate would be same for all, but each group would have their "special" decal on it. News channel out of Springfield on Tuesday was reporting that the Secretary of State Jesse White had not ordered these new plates. Sounds like Jesse White sees the specialty plate money grab coming and did not want his agency caught up in the mess. The old boy has been around long enough to know.

5. rism

I do remember seeing something about that. Pretty vague if I remember correctly. Something about there had to be a certain number of specialty plates ordered before they would order stickers ??

6. rism

Just got word from my state rep. Jesse White's office is still sending the funds to the different causes they are intended for. Will continue to do so unless ordered differently by a court order.

Jerry likes this.
  7. Old Olt

Old Olt Senior Refuge Member

Same answer I got but the agencies are being told to hold the money and they cannot spend it. No budget, no authority to spend it.

8. chasin mallards

chasin mallards Senior Refuge Member

I use to have to goose plate but I don't trust the state when it comes to putting that money where it is suppose to go. That was about 5 years ago and I remember looking at the regulations(?) and was not comfortable that the money was getting there. I switched over to the DU plate as I did see that the money ($25/plate) does indeed to to them.