Light disc, spraying moist soil 2017

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by Greekangler, May 23, 2017.

1. Greekangler

Greekangler Senior Refuge Member

IMG_8770.JPG IMG_8771.JPG IMG_8773.JPG IMG_8774.JPG was able to get in there late April early May this year dryer season in Texas than the last 2-3 years. Got some pretty good grass coming up

2. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

Yup, good stuff.

3. Greekangler

Greekangler Senior Refuge Member

All water pepper that was sprayed has released grasses- glyphosate and 2.4D- next year- maybe even next month- if I see moisture in forecast may hit more of it- do results differ WHEN you spray prior to rain? Better response if 1 to 2 weeks prior to or will a day or two give you similar results?

I would assume the more sunlight they can penetrate the better off you are. Dead debris was disced as well- last year in boggy areas that held water just broadcasted seed and got results.

Would you spend time clearing the debris if moisture's present or just seed it? The barnyard grass is also exploding that I put down along with volunteer from moist soil practices.

I'm hoping I turned the corner with spraying and discing. Been very aggressive on broad leaves and primrose on a weekly basis. Looks like 2.40Dwill be the best way to go and supplement with BYG as we draw down.

Any other recommendations or comments are appreciated Thank you!!