Lisa's tender vittles

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by QHs PAW, Nov 2, 2010.

1. QHs PAW

QHs PAW Senior Refuge Member

Got my sister out for another hunt over in the saddle mtn unit yesterday.

It was unbelievable how much traffic there was before it got light out. We had waited for a weekday hoping there would be less people but, being the last week of season, I guess alot of people called in for the day.

We started off first thing in the morning, in a big clear cut at daylight. We spent about 2 1/2 hours with my sister on stand as I made my way slowly through the lower pockets. I was hoping those lower out of sight pockets might hold a deer and I'd push one up to her. The plan failed. We were both in full rain gear but still wet.

We jumped in the truck and headed down the road to our next spot. We discussed another plan, in case the hoards had beat us to our next planned spot.

We were barely 1/8 of a mile down the road and a deer hopped out on the road and took off up hill in the brush.

The words "deer" had barely left my mouth and my sister was bailing and headed up the hill through the brush and throwing shells in the gun as she made her way up the bank and into the brush.

I saw her lift her gun up, look through the scope and drop it. I thought "well gotta at least give it a try". Then she raised the gun again and BOOM!

I parked the truck and headed up the hill toward where she went. There she stood with that big ol' "look what I did" look on her face.

[​IMG]

My sister really puts in the time in the brush. It's no so bad that she gets an easy deer once in awhile. If anyone deserves an easy animal it is her, she's paid her dues. It's another animal with no wasted meat, neck shot.

We spent some more time searching for a buck for me but, ended up with more mushrooms to dry instead.

2. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

3. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

4. lanzi

lanzi Senior Refuge Member

lloks like good eatin to me Way To Go !!!!:clap

5. batcave4

batcave4 Elite Refuge Member

Whoops, the title made me check this thread out....carry on.