Living in Fort Collins

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Tuck31, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Hi all. My daughter is considering Colorado State. Any input on the school and what it's like to live there would be greatly appreciated.

2. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

FoCo is a great little city and a really great school as well. I'm not a grad but I have a lot of friends and friends kids who have gone there. Excellent programming available and a ton of outdoor activities in the area as well.

Great hunting opportunities for you when you visit.

If I could convince my wife to move out of the Denver area I wold live in the FoCo area for sure.

3. Boomerzuma

Boomerzuma Senior Refuge Member

Also, great loacal breweries for dad to enjoy when he's in town!

4. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Lotta good dispensaries too!

5. action7phil

action7phil New Member

I am an alumnus class of 2009 and attending CSU was one of the best decisions of my life. Fort Collins is an amazing little city with a great downtown (old town). They brag about having 300 days of sunshine per year and it's not a lie. It does snow and it does get cold but only briefly and then it's back up to 65 or 70 degrees in February. The school is top notch and has great facilities and tools for students. Lastly, it's a great location. 15-20min drive and you are in the Rockies, 45 min and you are in Denver, 2 hours and you are skiing in powder. Also they are building an on campus football stadium which will be ready for this coming season and will be a complete game changer for the athletics program. Obviously I am bias but I loved my time there and I know that your daughter will not be disappointed if she decides to become a ram.