Decoy Forum Sponsors

Local auction sets 3 world records

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by jzee, May 7, 2018.

1. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

2638A5B3-2296-4424-A23B-666E3815DCFB.png

2. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

:dohand I thought plastic decoys were expensive.

Rangerbob likes this.
  3. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

It’s kinda funny, I have not been to the show in a couple years and I thought overall prices on the low end stuff seemed to have come down a little. Always a neat show, with great people, and all kinds of Antiques. Still kicking myself for not buying what could have been the 1st Pinewood Derby car I ever built. (1972)

4. copperatiosu

copperatiosu Senior Refuge Member

Got to be in the gallery for part of day 2 when the Ward Goldeneye sold...pre pre cool experience... recommend going to St Charles if you ever get the chance.

5. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

Very nice birds.

6. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Small world. My wife and I just returned from a vacation to the East coast. On the second leg of our trip we stayed in Annapolis, M.D. Our last day in the area was a freeroam, and I had seen there was a decoy museum in some place called Havre de Grace. Dang, I wish we had more time. 1.5 hours to see a 3 day weekend decoy show and the museum. In the museum was a section for the Ward brothers. Their work caught my eye as they liked to make decoys with unusual poses. They had a few amazing pieces there, and now I see one of their decoys selling for north of 150K. Neat to be able to connect the dots a little bit.

snipe n likes this.
  7. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

8. snipe n

snipe n Senior Refuge Member

Son was in a Lacrosse tournament out in Baltimore Maryland. I had the time to go to the Havre de Grace decoy museum. Very cool collections and displays, not to mention the articles. Highly recommend it, took a lot of pictures.

9. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

I agree. We heard about that place too late. I would love to have traded a day in DC to go Salisbury.

10. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

About 8 years ago we went to Duck N.C. For any client to remodel their Beach house, And the museum there was quite impressive, definitely worth a stop if you’re in the area.The Whales Head lodge/hunt club is also impressive.