London hit again......

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by takemrarely, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Yep...I believe Obama was a proponent of ethnic/cultural/racial nationalism. Something he said during a speech, I can't specifically remember, reminded me of what a black professor said describing the Black Nationalist movement. This was a popular Theoretical-intellectual/Progressive philosophy of the 1960 and 1970s.

"Melting Pot" is an offensive term to the polyculturalists who place culture identity over assimilation into the common American culture.

Anyway...

https://www.britannica.com/event/black-nationalism

Black nationalism, political and social movement prominent in the 1960s and early ’70s in the United States among some African Americans. The movement, which can be traced back to Marcus Garvey’s Universal Negro Improvement Association of the 1920s, sought to acquire economic power and to infuse among blacks a sense of community and group feeling.

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I suppose if our garden variety inner city dirt bags are considered terrorists then that view is true.

3. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

The big question begs to be asked.... what does classify an action as a terrorist act? i know many here justify it by the color of the skin or religion... but.... what is the actual "body count required"

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

The MSM is saying an 18 year old has been arrested in connection with the bombing.

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I think the authorities try to find an association of some sort with a known terrorist group or an altruistic (correct word(?)) political or social agenda as opposed to a Unibomber or D.B. Cooper type event.

The Oklahoma City bombing and perhaps the unibomber I would think falls under domestic terrorism.

D.B. Cooper would have been a "for profit" event as opposed to an altruistic (to the terrorist) sacrifice.

6. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

Terrorism doesn't require a body count. It is an act of violence with the aim to create terror in a group or society of people. It is not for profit or directly associated with illicit trade activities.

The way I see it is when it is violence aimed at no one specifically. Pablo Escobar wants to seize the illicit trade rights in Miami - so he has competing illicit traders killed - that is a crime but not terror. Pablo decides to kill family members of competition first - then that is terror. Bill Gates decides to go down to Apple HQ and bust a cap in whoever is the CEO of Apple - violent crime but not terror. Bill Gates decides to go to some Apple unveiling full reporters and blows himself up - that would be terror.

Or maybe not - because they are reporters - and they may not be fully sentient!