Long Line-Diver Line Pictures

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by fireduck, Jan 30, 2017.

1. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

We are getting better at bringing in the divers! I know we can get better. Would like to see some pictures of other diver lines. We are small, but we normally use 2 divers lines about 150 ft long with 12 decoys on line about 4 or 5 ft apart. Then we use 15 or 20 singles, and put a diver mojo in the mouth of the V. We are in mallard country, but we sure do get plenty of divers! Every time we go, we learn something! Thinking about painting some gallon clorox jugs to make our spread a little bigger. Anyone use these? Thanks for all the help- here is where I have picked up alot of information!! Thanks fireduck (Kenny)

2. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Senior Refuge Member

20170128_075900.jpg

3. Mr_Mallard

20170117_081626.jpg

4. Mr_Mallard

Your best bet is buy some old mallards and repaint them i made some butterballs that way
    Most day i run two lines 2 dozen on each and singles but im beefing up my rig for next year

5. NOLUCK

NOLUCK Senior Refuge Member

sorry allot blurry

[​IMG]

from the box

[​IMG]

Woody likes this.
  6. iaduckhunter

iaduckhunter Refuge Member

7. Woody

Woody Elite Refuge Member

Nice flock of Bills over the lines

Dog bringing one back

EliteLIOutfitter likes this.
  8. EliteLIOutfitter

EliteLIOutfitter New Member Sponsor

Nice set-up there Woody. That's typically how I'll run my rig when I'm hunting from the shoreline as well. A couple of lines extending perpendicular to shore and a bunch of singles filled in at the head of the rig.

For hunting in open water away from the shore using a boat, I like to set up off to the side of the rig so the birds come up the line and aren't looking right at us in the boat. Instead of dealing with deploying lots of single decoys in deeper water, this year we started using the rafts to make a more natural looking "raft of birds" at the head of the rig.

Sometimes I clip the rafts at the end of the long line itself (like in these two clips),

but lately, I've been using more rafts at the head of the rig, and only 1 or 2 long lines leading up to them.

Here's a pair of rafts in tandom, and a single longline

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOTVFOAA6Xb/?taken-by=chris.spies.7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  9. Woody

Woody Elite Refuge Member

Great comments ELO. All depends on the situation. Sometimes we run them parallel, sometimes perpendicular, or even at an angle. As you know, all depends on the wind, tides, the location and how the birds are working. We normally put out 2-3 longlines with 3-4 dozen singles. Last hunt of the year, we didn't run a line at all, just put out 8 dozen singles and did very well. Everything is situation dependent.

Great pics by the way.

Hunt n' Fish likes this.
  10. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

I have really enjoyed seeing other hunters longlines! Most of you are on a larger scale than me, but the results are the same. We picked up alot of good info this year. Just from these pictures we have already have some new ideas. Never thought of using geese around the long lines- I like 6 or 7 dekes on a long line. I will need to get a couple of more 6 slot bags. We will be ready! Kenny (fireduck)