Long running script

Discussion in 'Help & Tech Support Forum' started by lax, Jan 6, 2017.

1. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

For the last day this keeps popping up. I click stop script then it clears up, but only after two-five attempts when trying to open a thread. I also noticed that after 1 hr of viewing this forum only, I'll end up with 1200 ad.ware tracking cookies when running super anti-spyware. I have deleted history, and cookies to no avail. I do not have this issue with any other forums I visit.

2. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

Here is a screen shot. Screenshot (2).png

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

From admin1, on another thread...

when you visit the site on a phone does an advertisement force you to another page or to the app store without clicking it? this is called a forced redirect. It is plaguing the web and any website that uses third party advertisements has a problem with these ads. Google "forced redirect ad app store" and you can learn more. We are working on a solution, and have managed to block them before, but its an ongoing complicated issue where unfortunately much of the solution is out of our hands. If you get forced redirect ads, no need to report them and no need to post a thread about them. We know they are there and are working on a resolution. Not a virus. The site isn't infected. If you get redirected, you should clear your cookies on your browser. I wish I had better feedback at this time, but if I do I will update it here.

4. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

Not on a Phone and no forced redirect. Cleared cookies numerous times, double checked settings. Maybe dumping the third party ads would be the fix considering all the Ad.ware cookies that show up when running a scan.

5. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

site is almost unusable from my desktop for me now as well.

6. Barnyard drake

Barnyard drake Senior Refuge Member

Same here.
    It's getting to the point where I don't want to even try getting on the site any longer.
    Any changes?