Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Looking for an IL. DU sponsor print. A little help please

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Il. MudDuk, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

Guys,
    any recommendations on what websites, etc to look at to find a certain sponsor print ?

I thought I heard of a place in Springfield that sells State stamps, old Fed stamps and such but cant find anything on-line, either.

I cant believe I'm having such a difficult time finding what I'm looking for.

2. skybroom

skybroom Elite Refuge Member

Exactly what are you looking for?

Skycarp33 likes this.
  3. Skycarp33

Skycarp33 Elite Refuge Member

Which certain one?

4. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

I think the place you are looking for is in Rochester. If it's still in existence, at least at one time, I think it's called the Depot.

Il. MudDuk likes this.
  5. dukkalr

dukkalr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

i got a couple prints i would sell,,,,,even to you i would:yes

CANME and Il. MudDuk like this.
  6. Avian Thunder II

Avian Thunder II Elite Refuge Member

The Depot used to be in Sullivan; Lynn Trout in Springfield deals with pins / stamps, etc. but I am not aware of him selling prints. I bought an entire collection of 1st year state duck stamp prints; let me know what interests you have and, if I have it, and I'll sell it pretty cheap. I have the state print and 2 stamps with one signed by the artist for each print. All are in great shape.

7. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

How many do you want & how much ya wanna pay. Will not trade for single shot automatic.

8. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

Thanks guys. PM's sent (other than to A.T. ll....I couldnt see where I could PM you :scratch ).

Just looking for websites that may have DU prints that is easy to navigate.
    I type in all guys of stuff, but I get pics of kitties, monkeys, horses, and so on and so on. Surely there is such a page that shows old/current DU / State prints for sale !!!...maybe. :scratch

9. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

I know the feeling. I was looking for a DU sponsor print by Dennis Minor and have been unable to find it. Last year, I was at a local DU dinner and it was a late entry that hadn't been displayed and was auctioned off with ZERO commentary by the auctioneer (not from Decatur, for those who are curious). It didn't sell too high, but they also didn't walk it all around the room. By the time I saw it, it was already sold...and the buyer wasn't interested in selling it. Missed out!
    Perhaps the easiest way to find a sponsor print may be to contact your DU person and try to get a list of sponsors from that year and contact them. I'm sure some would be willing to divest themselves of a print or two.

Jon C likes this.
  10. greenheadIL

greenheadIL Elite Refuge Member

I have the one of the Mergansers chasing the school of shad thru the decoy spread of painted clorox jugs. If that's the one you are looking for.:dv:dv