Decoy Forum Sponsors

Looking for Big Multi-species spread ideas.

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by 81arnghunter, Mar 20, 2018.

1. 81arnghunter

81arnghunter Refuge Member

I've got a dry field pit we are hunting ducks and geese. We are gonna run 1500 black and white silhouettes with 5 dozen big foot canada fullbodies, 100 speck full bodies, 150 duck full bodies /48 mojos for ducks, 1000 headless snow socks and 200 snow full bodies. just looking for some new ideas.

2. feetdownshooter

feetdownshooter Senior Refuge Member

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything like that please understand this is just a question and not a statement. Do you really run 48 Mojo's for ducks?

3. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Elite Refuge Member

Holy smokes!
    I need a pic of that!:l:l

4. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Toss about 25 vortex spinners in there and say you've created your own closed zone.

callinfowl likes this.
  5. 81arnghunter

well i have 48 debating on splitting between two spreads or just run them all in one.

6. 81arnghunter

that's 23 mojos

7. feetdownshooter

That video really does show a lot of movement I have to hand it to you. I just have one question. When I use multiple Mojo's sometimes the ducks have trouble keying in on exactly where I want them the land. Do you seem to have that trouble with that many in one spread?

I don't hunt over a spread nearly that large nor do I have the help to make that a possibility so it's a take out and pick it up spread everyday for me. I do use multiple Mojo's when I'm field hunting for ducks but nowhere near the number that you do.

8. 81arnghunter

Well they all wanted the furthest mojos it seemed,they split it landing on either side of them at about 70 yards, so I pulled them in closer to the pit and bunched them up a bit more. Then the ducks were landing between us and the mojos I moved at 20 to 30 yards. But actually shot several that just swung over the pit. Seemed like we’d get a single or pair working then two more then five more all showing up then they would want to leave! But it did draw a lot of attention

9. feetdownshooter

Thanks for the answer. The reason I asked was when I hunt a small River and sometimes put out three or four Mojo's have the same thing happen. They draw in others, join them at times but they don't seem to want to land. Make the switch back to haveing less Mojo's and Boom then they'll finish.

My thought has been that sometimes too much movement gets to be confusing to them but I know it's a heck of a drawing power. So I was just wondering what your opinion was on the whole subject was thanks.

10. 81arnghunter

The other thing you might try is intermittent timers I’ve had some success with them on multiple mojos