Big Game Hunting Forum Sponsors

Looking for bow hunt for deer in eastern US this fall????

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by cormier1, Jul 11, 2017.

1. cormier1

cormier1 Senior Refuge Member

I am looking to do a bow hunt this fall in the eastern US. This would be for 2 guys. Looking at New Hampshire Connecticut New York and Vermont states. I would also consider northers Michigan close to the Canadian boarder. Just tring to keep it in a drivable distance, one day drive. From home In New Brunswick to Albany Its 13hrs and to Toronto Canada is 12hrs drive so another 2-4 hrs would be the most i would want to drive. I would like a a place to have a chance at a 125" class deer. Not looking for a monster just a nice deer. Our deer heard here is in bad shape and my biggest deer is only a 90" 6 point. I would like something in the 1000$ to 2000$ range. Just getting back on my feet after being off with Cancer last year so this is a tight budget. If anybody knows of a good place place with a 90% plus chance at an opportunity to have a deer in that class in bow range, the rest is up to me HAHA. I know that's a lot to ask for.

Thanks

2. Vahunter

Vahunter Senior Refuge Member

Don't forget Maine. Connecticut was over-run with deer at one time; don't know how hard it is to find access in a really sub-urbanized state. Come to think of it, Conn may be antlerless only.

3. GrayGhostSafaris

GrayGhostSafaris New Member

If you want to hunt really big Whitetails, come to Kansas. They have some monster class bucks. I'm hunting muzzle loader in early September. Although the draw is over, as of yesterday you could still get leftover tags on the KS game& fish web site. The outfitter I'm using has 16 thousand acres of farmland with crops, water and they can feed corn/grain legally. Most all good places charge an arm and leg to hunt there but they are only charging $2,000 for a 5 day hunt, food and lodging included as this is the first year of operation. Daily trail cam pics are showing what's there...and the bucks are plentiful including trophy class. I found cheap flights as it would be a 14 hour drive for me, so I chose to fly in. Your welcome to contact me if your interested. They have some openings for archery, not much in M/L or rifle, maybe a couple of spots in the second weeks.

4. cormier1

Thanks GrayGhostSafaris that would be a dream hunt for me but too far away so with flights and all it would blow my budget. I want to keep it in a distance i can drive in one day. That way their is no cost on flights only fuel and shipping the cape if i would be to get a nice deer. But that is cheap hunt you found for that area wow.

5. Vahunter

I checked Connecticutt. They have buck-or-doe and doe tags. I bet you could score a nice buck up there if you can get access......

6. Vahunter

What about PEI? I thought they had great deer there.

7. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Sounds crazy but there are some nice deer on the eastern part of Long Island NY - would check out some services out there as well.

Vahunter likes this.
  8. Vahunter

^^^^^^ Forgot about there. The locals would be glad to have some removed and in the Fall and Winter the Summer crowd is nowhere around to complain.....o_O

9. cormier1

If you mean PEI Canada their is no deer hunting on that Island. They have awesome goose hunting with all the fields in that area.

10. cormier1

I will check and see if their are outfitters in that area.