Looking for H Haman cork pintails

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by drahthaarducker, Apr 9, 2008.

1. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

I posted this on the Chesapeake forum without any luck. Let me know if there are any out there for sale. Thanks!

2. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Just curious as to what they look like....anyone ???

3. Keith McGowan

Keith McGowan Elite Refuge Member

Mr Harold Haman's decoys are nothing overly special, just a solidly made black cork decoy.

I worked in his shop as a kid, when i smell black cork today, his shop pops right into focus in my mind. I have the only 2 known shorebirds he did, both were for my mom.

Dave i will put some feelers out, PM me what you are looking to spend.

4. drahthaarducker

Waterfowl Fool, They are very basic. The guys (eastern shoremen)always refered to them (decoys) as blocks. I made some Blocks in the 80's and we slammed ducks over them. I'm going back to the old style boat and decoys. I'm rebuilding a cedar boat and wanted more traditional decoys to go with it.

This is what I was told. Mr. H Haman made decoys for Herters out of black cork. There was some kind of an agreement or trade and he used there plastic heads. I have some of his Mallards and blacks that have wooden heads. I assumed the wooden heads were older but was told last weekend the wooden heads were newer:confused:

I asked Keith to post the history of these decoys for anyone who may be interested.

I'll try to post some pictured when my daughter has time to help me.

5. Keith McGowan

Keith McGowan Elite Refuge Member

Honestly, Dave, I dont remember a whole lot of the history of them, hadnt heard of the herters connection, just knew he used a lot of their heads.

I will talk to some folks and see what I can dig up for you.

Keith

6. Duckshot69

Duckshot69 Elite Refuge Member

Pintails are gonna be tough to come across . H Haman made mostly Blacks, Mallards, and Canadian Geese . Then again go figure because those are our bread and butter ducks on this flyway . His son Tommy is still making birds I think . Or last I heard anyways . I only have 6 of H Hamans blocks ( 5 blacks and 1 mallard drake) . They were done on goose bodies and measure 23"x12"x6" with a rough measurment . You don't wanna know what I paid for them several years ago or you will get sick . :clap

7. drahthaarducker

I've bought all mine from r3200. I know the Mayor has some but I think his are Mallards and Blacks.

8. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Can anyone piost some shots of his birds please...

9. Mcb613

Mcb613 New Member

Draht, what did you pay each for the Hamans, if you dont mind sharing? I’m researching a Haman goose I just aquired eith a 1969 Chevy truck, go figure!
    Appreciate any help!
    Thx ,
    Mike