Looking for Ideas

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by owendog, Jan 6, 2012.

1. owendog

owendog Refuge Member

Hey guys-

Planning on coming up next fall. Would like to do a big game/duck hunt. I have an uncle in Palmer, he has been everywhere in the state, hunted everything possible, and is pushing for a Kodiak hunt for blacktail and ducks. I really want to do something along those lines, but also want more bang for my buck.

I spent 5 summers in Bristol Bay set netting in Pilot Point, and remember always being in awe of the waterfowl in that area.

Just looking for any suggestions to throw out to him.

Thanks

2. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

Check out Alaska Wildfowl Adventures. They do a 7 day deer, ducks, and fur combo out of Valdez in a 40 boat:tu

3. Ray

Ray Senior Refuge Member

Kodiak deer present a few options. You can go to Old Harbor and hunt with Kodiak Combos. Ducks, deer, halibut, and maybe winter king salmon.

You can also go to Zacher Bay lodge and have them drop you on the shore for pass shooting sea ducks. I have not talked to anyone that has been there in a while and they might be more into sea duck hunting than years ago. Its one of the more comfortably affordable "cabin" rentals on Kodiak.

If you are more interested in DIY stuff then there are more options across the state, but you might spend more time looking for something to hunt rather than actually hunting.

4. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member