Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Looking for info

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by cwa1104sab, Sep 29, 2012.

1. cwa1104sab

cwa1104sab Elite Refuge Member

As a lifelong Tide fan I couldn't believe it when my wife gave me my 50th birthday present....She planned a whole trip to see the Tide play Auburn this year with my 2 sons and my 2 brothers. This will be the first time ever at a Bama game. The question I have is about the tail gating and the crowds. Since we're flying in on Friday I'm not going to have my normal tailgate stuff. What should I expect as far as crowds, parking, etc on game day ? Can anyone give me anytips on these things and other stuff ? thanks guys. Normaly when I go to games up here it's a simple pack the truck up with grill, beer, food etc get to stadium by 9 for a 2om game. I know it's going to be a lot different down there for Bama Auburn.

So you guys got any tips ?

Thanks

Sab

2. Sprig Seeker

Sprig Seeker Senior Refuge Member

3. baileydog

baileydog Elite Refuge Member

Tailgating is complicated now. You either have to be a long way from the stadium or rent a tent. The tents are high dollar but they will cater food, TV ETC. http://www.gamedaydoneright.com/booking-info-2012-alabama-football-schedule
    To do it on the Quad you have to drop stuff off very in the morning Then wait until long after the game to pick stuff up. There are lots of rules.

I would park at the Mall and ride the shuttle to and from the game. There are lots of food vendors. Carry some beer in a cheap coller and just leave it.

The bars on the strip will be packed.

That is the most packed game. There will be 50,000 to 70,000 on campus who are not even going into the game.

You could rent and RV. $200.00 day.

http://www.ua.edu/features/gameday.html