Looking to trade southern illinois fishing/hunting for waterfowl in the Pacific NW

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by Fullbored, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Fullbored

Fullbored Elite Refuge Member

I'm looking to trade hunting opportunities in southern illinois for some in the pacific northwest. I'm located in 62896. My hunting buddy and I have always wanted to go hunt waterfowl there so i decided to see if anyone would be interested.

We've got fair to good duck hunting here, great crappie fishing, deer hunting, good snow goose hunting at times during conservation season ( spotty but when they are here it is good, hunt over a 70 dz white rock decoy spread) and turkey hunting.

We are most well known for our deer hunting in this area and I have accss to plenty of land for deer hunting with plenty of acreage to accomodate 2 people. There was 4 deer over 200 inches killed in my county this year with the largest being a 258 5/8. Most decent bucks that you see are 140-160 but in hunting you can't promise the big boys will show all the time.

I'll pick you up at the air port and bring you back in STL, hook you guys up with a place to stay in a nice hunting lodge that is being finished right now by Rend Lake.

PM and we can go from there

2. Fullbored

To be honest i would interested in just about anywhere in the central or pacific flyway let me know! I'm always interested in hunting in a new area

3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Be happy to host you here. Yreka is at the top of California, 20 miles south of the Oregon border. Hunt over decoys and out of scull boats.

4. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

If you make it to CA and take Gene up on his offer, come down I-5 and you can hunt with me for a rice field hunt. Depending on the conditions, could be pintails and widgeon and some geese. Club borders Colusa refuge.

5. Fullbored

I appreciate the invites guys. I've got something in the works in Oregon right now but as you know nothing is set in stone and even if it don't make it to CA your always welcome in IL

6. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Where in Oregon? I'm only 20 miles south of the border.

7. saltducking

saltducking Senior Refuge Member