Looks like Florida senatorial election vote is going to a manual recount.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Nov 9, 2018 at 2:17 AM.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Razor thin margins don't even begin to describe how close the vote is as new ballots discovered uncounted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...r-of-elections-as-florida-senate-race-spirals

Scott files lawsuit over Florida Senate vote as recount odds grow
    By Max Greenwood - 11/08/18 08:37 PM EST

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 2:23 AM
  2. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

I think the issue is we've made it really easy to vote and in the process made it a lot harder to keep up with the votes.

3. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

The way I saw it reported is that all these "new found" votes are coming out of Democrat strongholds - and some funky numbers are being created daily. Seems X number of votes were officially reported as being cast in these strongholds on election day. A day later the number is X+Y, another day and the number is revised upwards yet again.

Why is it that only the democrat strongholds can't ever seem to know exactly how many votes were cast, and were all those ballots are?

Bear and widgeon like this.
  4. widgeon

I don't understand why "provisional ballots" are allowed. Either you're allowed to vote or not.
    Being allowed to cast a ballot and then come back later to verify that you are eligible is crazy.

5. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Outside of tampering being an obvious option, I would guess that they are population centers and have significantly more votes to keep track of than a "Republican stronghold". Thats not a viable excuse, but likely one reason.

widgeon likes this.
  6. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

No it is not, but those ballots should not ever be included in any count of they don't comply to the law about legally being legal voter.

I didn't work the polls this year locally. However people came into firebrand had forgotten IDs. They are allowed to vote and many returned later with there ID. Others went to the courthouse this week after the election to provide documents!

Also confusion about voting places are not always easy.

My point is that if legal voter you should be able to cast a ballot then provide for verification of you can't that day! That doesn't mean you should have a month to do it!

I also don't think you should have to register months in advance either.

7. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Mark Levin addressed this last night, he was livid, deservedly so.
    The left will lie, cheat, steal their way into the political realm, as they've got the "finances" to destroy the truth.

widgeon likes this.
  8. widgeon

It's ridiculous. Probably another rule formed in a committee.

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  9. widgeon

I think the Democrats have invented a vote making machine. Somebody's going to jail over this crap.

10. widgeon

I caught the tail end of news update. Did a judge just rule in favor of Scott; and throw out some fishy ballots?