North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

Lost Lab -- Some Good Info on Locating a Lost Dog

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by Buck Eye, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Buck Eye

Buck Eye Elite Refuge Member

Buck went missing Tuesday night. Been looking everywhere and done all the recommendations from animal control. I have been hunting with him for eleven years. Picture attached and any information to where I can find him will be highly rewarded.

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/pet/5257557114.html

Attached Files:

2. Bluedog

Bluedog Elite Refuge Member

That sucks, I sure hope you find him safe and sound.

3. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

Hate to hear that. Hope you find him.
    He just wander off or you suspect foul play?

4. Buck Eye

Buck Eye Elite Refuge Member

I do not think anyone would have came into my yard and stolen him. He may of found a bitch in heat and got picked up off the road. Lots of scenarios. By far the best hunting dog I have ever owned. Still hopeful.

5. 3drahthaars

3drahthaars Elite Refuge Member

Also hate to hear that... my worst fear. Lost mine in July for a couple hours chasing a damn deer. Found her in another subdivision getting watered by a neighbor. Lucky...

Looking at the photo, looks like a collar with reflective material... that and an ID tag is about the best insurance you can get.

Bitch in heat would be good...

Good luck,

3ds

6. Band Hunter

Band Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Sorry to hear it. My best advice is to be positive and have hope. Craigslist is a good idea, I would also recommend doing fliers with multiple pictures of your dog, they help, and people do look at them, I always do. Now I may be made fun of for mentioning this on here but in January we had a new years party and someone didn't close the door all the way and my prized cat escaped. This is a cat that was in his rescue/transition stage and at the time would only let me pet him, not to mention this type of cat is rarely found when they escape. I was pretty devastated (I know people are laughing reading this). After a few days I had friends and family say its gone forget about it but I didn't and persistence paid off and I finally was able to get him after six days! Your chances of finding your dog are a lot higher than me finding my lost pet, but I did. Good luck I'll say a prayer for a reuniting
    Band Hunter

7. Swampstalker

Swampstalker Elite Refuge Member

NC in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave
    Sorry to hear this Clark. Hope he is back home soon.

8. JD1107

JD1107 Senior Refuge Member

Don't know if your on Facebook, but I know there's usually pages to help find/relocate dogs within your area. Found a dog a few weeks ago had my gf post it on Facebook and within 30 minutes we got a call from the owner. Hope you find her!

9. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

For some reason every Lab I've had would start to wander at around 10yrs-especially at night. Several times I'd catch a glimpse of him (the worst one) skulkin through the swamp beside the house but he wouldn't come home till he got it out of his system. Stayed out a week one time-never saw him and had given up. Went to work and he was sittin at the work site 3 miles from the house.
    Hang in there-he'll show up.

10. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

Clark .. I sure hope he shows back up or someone see's or retrieves him for ya' !!!
    Dang kids anyway!!