Lowe 15x44 Floor Install (Pics)

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by BadBowtie, Jan 18, 2017.

1. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Access to drain plug? Looks to be covered.

2. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I've used the alternative hydroturf with decent results. I used the 2x2 sheets or so from other places but like the idea of the one solid sheet from RK!

I mainly have screwed both sets of mine down over 13 seasons. The original set might have lasted longer if it was glued down and one solid piece.

3. BadBowtie

BadBowtie Elite Refuge Member

Its not. The floor has a nice size notch for that. Ill show in pictures later.

4. Buckmark311

Buckmark311 Senior Refuge Member

that will work just fine

5. Gude

Gude Elite Refuge Member

I just finished a floor in my 1754 Grizzly over the weekend. We weighed options on how exactly to lay it out and opted to do two long pieces vs. several wide as you did, mostly because of the angle at of the ribs at the middle. We used a couple of large cardboard boxes to make a template which significantly cut down on cut time.
    It'll be covered in hydroturf and fastened with stainless screws so that it can be removed in two pieces. I elected not to use foam and went with .125 aluminum, but my ribs were only 10" apart. It's plenty sturdy. A perfectly flat floor (and no step at back) would be preferred, but the cost and time to do so simply wasn't worth it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

My floor is screwed down. Originally with self tapping screws which worked loose. I have replaced them with larger pan head screws but some still come loose. Next time I will use rivets.

7. BadBowtie

Not glued down, but you get idea.

Attached Files:

8. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Buy battery trays or better yet the boxes for back in the bilge area. Rivit them down as well.

9. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Nice job, there. I did something similar with my Alumacraft, but I used treated 1/4" plywood, paint with sand on the top for better footing with the wet, snow/ice etc up here in northern Minnie. The insulation makes the floor quieter & less cold. Big improvement .

Ringbill

BadBowtie likes this.
  10. BadBowtie

Got it all glued down today with the original DAP WeldWood Cement.

Attached Files: