Macrohen

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Cedarlakeforge, Oct 31, 2017.

1. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member

Not to hijack this thread, BUT Thanks for the tip stumpjumber! I've ruined more then a few reeds tryin to "trim" them down a bit! :tu Good luck, Cedarlakeforge! :tu

2. stumpjumper0531

stumpjumper0531 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

First....we place dog ears of a certain size that we want on a reed but then we trim the tip of the reed thus eliminating a portion of said dog ears. The more you trim the more you loose so in reality your fighting two issues.....reed length and dog ears.
    Also, no matter how sharp your scissors are you ain't cutting .001/.003 off of a reed. Lie to yourself if you like.
    My way eliminates multiple issues with trimming reeds and let's you remove as little as you want to micro tune a reed to your air pressure. What I think is a perfect reed length most think is to long for them. God mad all of use different and unique

Stump

3. Cedarlakeforge

Cedarlakeforge Refuge Member

Ok so I got foam sanding board. I took it apart sanded a bit and made a great improvement, then I did it one more time not quite as much , which wasn’t very much and what a difference. I like this call now. Can’t wait till season opens to see how the birds like it. Thanks stumpjumper :clap:tu

4. stumpjumper0531

stumpjumper0531 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Very glad to hear sir!!!! Enjoy your new skill as well as your new call.

God Bless
    STUMP