Mahindra Jeep

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by stevena198301, Mar 3, 2018.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

https://jalopnik.com/this-is-why-mahindra-can-build-tiny-jeeps-1823472625/amp

Looks like Mahindra is bringing the Thar to us! I have no reason to own an off-road only vehicle, but I think it’s cool. Hopefully it will be as trouble-free as my little Mahindra tractor has been, and it may help the folks out who are wanting an old-school Jeep, but are having trouble either finding one or not knowledgeable on refurbing one.

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Cool looking little rig. I wonder about the 'non-street-legal status. Here in MT, you can license your ATV/UTV for the roads. Wonder if it would be the same for these.

3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Pretty cool. At one point a few years ago they were looking to introduce a pickup in the US, but I think the emissions problems killed that plan. They were going to be very basic and rugged compact diesel powered trucks. Might have been the one truck that would have convinced me to buy new!

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

My Mahindra tractor is "basic". I opted for that, intentionally. Looking back on it, had I have realized the handiness of the front loader on it, I would have went with a shuttle shift model (although I would have worried about the additional cost and "possible problems"). Shuttle shifts make loader work a cake-walk compared to the old manual trans. I've had one issue with it (power steering cylinder up front busted a seal, which they apparently are notorious for from the factory), and Mahindra came to my property, picked it up, fixed it, and dropped it back off in a week. Overall been happy with my experience with them.

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Yeah I know a few guys with them and they've had no problems to speak of. They seem simple but rugged---just what I like!
    Never used a shuttle shift, but I can imagine it would be nice with a loader. It can get real tedious with old school manual.