Making my own

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by darealdeal, Sep 18, 2017.

1. darealdeal

darealdeal New Member

So I wanted to try my hand at making my own calls and started end of January of this year. I am pleased to say it has been a great journey so far. I have gotten to make a lot of new friends along the way. I even got to meet Stump this summer in North Carolina and participated in my First Duck Calling Contest.... Was not very successful but had fun doing it.... This was the last call that I made and will be making some small adjustments to the insert for the next one. This is a single reed attempt at a timber....... Made from Bocote with ABW band.... Next full call will be made from some Cedar that was cut down at my house and has been drying that will be sent to the man the meth and legend Stump himself to be broken down for some feedback...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

auto5 likes this.
  2. darealdeal

darealdeal New Member

3. auto5

auto5 Elite Refuge Member

4. Rickard

Rickard Refuge Member

That's actually a nice sound. I was expecting something cringeworthy and was pleasantly surprised. Nice work

5. darealdeal

darealdeal New Member

Thanks, I have had some good advice and with a lot of research and some time you can make just about anything work.

6. Goose Isle Gunner

Goose Isle Gunner Elite Refuge Member

Yes!!! Nice call btw

7. darealdeal

darealdeal New Member

HAHAHAHA oh man just read that again meth and Stump thats needs to be fixed.