Manafort Wiretapped

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by mrmallerd, Sep 19, 2017.

1. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

totally off topic... earlier this summer the son and dil did 10 days in Maui. One fun thing was a zip line. The video was a screamer. For sure they're ready to do it again.

Michael likes this.
  2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

There is no growth with price controls so price controls will cause me and other investors to look for a better return on our capital elsewhere.

If consumers are willing to pay higher prices for a product - then competition will come in and produce the product increasing supply... Unless the Government comes in and prevents them - and then it wouldn't be a "free market".

3. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

There are some who know 'why' certain shady things done inside our borders are swept under the rug, while the same things often take months to get authorized overseas, on a KNOWN terrorist. Different groups of people, with differing authorities are responsible for each. One group, known collectively as OGAs, has apparent immunity from laws/codes applied to other types of entities. This has gone on for years. There is no ethical (much less legal) argument for side netting, but the FBI does it all the time, when their target species is ruled out of season by a FISA judge. Others would be under the jail, but nobody polices a certain government level any more. Hoover's ghost still runs that place, apparently.

API likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Works also with some government agencies are that set up by design to be swamps. Gov. Ann Richards of Texas (RIP) went after several Texas' swamp agencies and "fixed" them by firing and early retirement of the responsible swamp denizens. Even the agencies involved that tried to not have a relapse...most eventually did relapse. Several decades later there was another house cleaning of some of those agencies which later once again...morphed back into swamp politics and cronyism.

Simple authorization of government contracts on all levels of government and consulting fees paid later to those authorizing government individuals is a very strong draw for some people. Perfectly legal in many cases. Ethical...maybe not so much.

I've seen it on the state level and the Federal.

5. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

it is interesting that the Fisa was cancelled because of lack of evidence and then somehow restarted based on a known false dossier paid for by the democrats in order to continue a failed investigation......and then Trump was recorded just "incidentally"...and then all names were released to the press anonymously ......I don't care what side of the fence you reside, this cannot be ok to you and if it is, you are part of the problem...Trump was correct.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/19/wiretaps-may-prove-trump-right-and-thats-absolutely-terrifying/

lugnut, OneShotBandit and API like this.
  6. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Hmm, so you don't invest in certain utilities I guess. So possibly you might not invest in drug companies in the future if price controls are implemented? And maybe you don't invest in insurers and such because of certain price controls? Ok.

7. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

Page, Flynn, and Manafort are spies.

8. Michael

Not sure about spies and not certain of all of them, I am sure you have a source to back up that claim though ....

Let's accept it as a possibility , but it is on record that the original FISA was discontinued for lack of evidence and somehow resurrected once Manafort was living in Trump tower and speaking to the elected replacement of the sitting administration, from opposing parties....

This doesn't seem hinky at all to you. I ask that with full awareness of our differing political stances, an assumption based solely on posts in the Refuge forums, but still....

9. Michael

we are not talking about the things Comey leaked to the media ( opinion) we are wondering about the things he said under oath. He could have said just that, " I am sorry I cannot answer that question..." instead he said there was no wiretapping...and technically he is probably safe, we haven't learned yet that Trump was tapped, just his right hand man who spoke to him daily any stuff they got on Trump was just a coincidence....:rolleyes:

API likes this.
  10. Michael

I agree with this to a point, but like you said, where do you draw the line? and you are right, probably happens a lot more than we know...but, once it gets outed, people should answer for it or what do we have laws for anyway? Shouldn't matter what party did it or to whom....you get caught, you answer for it.

API likes this.