Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Maryland NRP-Hunter gets hit in head by falling goose

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Smackdown 870, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Smackdown 870

Smackdown 870 Elite Refuge Member

Just read that a eastern shore hunter has been flown for shock trauma after getting hit with a falling goose. It knocked him out and he had head and facial injuries.

I have had several very close calls of birds hitting the blind and one even flying into the blind after being hit, but man I hope this poor guy is ok.

2. Bwana1

Bwana1 Elite Refuge Member

Friend of mine was hit by a falling goose last season. Broke his collar bone in 3 places. Ouch.

3. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

your bound to have some close calls with ducks or geese falling out if you hunt long enough. been plenty of times I have heard folks yelling watch out and laugh about it afterwards as one comes crashing down nearby with a big thud and everyone saying could you imagine if that would've hit one of us. glad to hear the guy is gonna be alright. wonder what the odds are? I would've insisted one of my buddies go play the megamillions or powerball if I had been hit.

Hope everyone has a good and safe goose hunt tomorrow. I am looking forward to tomorrow as much as I know it is the last day of the AP Canada season for most of us except for the youths that will have another wack at them next week.

Not looking forward to picking up of duck and goose decoys and buttoning up pits and A frame blinds.

4. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018