Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Masterson HL9

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by ARHHH4, Dec 18, 2017.

1. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Senior Refuge Member

So about fifteen years or so ago I was standing in Dunn's sporting goods over in St. Charles Mo with a good buddy of mine...(Andy Goodman). One of the good ole boys working behind the waterfowl counter got to talking with Andy about his "Plumber" goose calls that he made while in college, and asked if he would ever make any more again. They got to talking about one of Greg Masterson's HL9's which at the time I had never heard of. They actually had a few there for sale that day at Dunns. Andy blew that call there in the store and absolutely blew me away. If I remember correctly, that call had a cedar gut system inside of it? Anyways, Andy told me that day to buy one because I would regret it some day if i didnt. Well, I didnt, and have been looking online trying to find one here lately and cant. Does anyone on here have any idea where a feller could pick one up, or if there are even any in existence anymore?

Jon C likes this.
  2. dukkalr

dukkalr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

dang foo:doh:doh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck u gonna need it:yes:yes

Jon C likes this.
  3. ARHHH4

Lol say it aint so Joe! I figured that may be the case

4. DEADEYE

DEADEYE Elite Refuge Member

Call Greg 618-559-5127

Jon C likes this.
  5. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

i have 2[ unbelievable] have never touched the reeds and they are very experienced I read on the calling forum which calls are the best, it seems very few know; today a passing goose turned on a dime to it. if he still making it do not worry I think mine is hedge the other is a acrlyc he may have just put the guts in, but imo and a few dead geese they r 1 of the best.

ARHHH4 likes this.
  6. ARHHH4

Thank you sir...I will definitely hit him up

7. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

A young guy who had guided for him gave me his wooden HL9. This kid could rock on that thing. He had to tone it down a bit so my limited air could blow it but its my "go to" Canada call.
    I am not qualified to go to Easton, Maryland with that call, but I impress myself on it.

auto5, riverrat47 and ARHHH4 like this.