Mathews bows?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by lad52, Jul 23, 2004.

1. SHOOTumINtheLIPS15

SHOOTumINtheLIPS15 Elite Refuge Member

theres a hoyt brotha......bout tiem sumone backed me up on this.....:l

2. SHOOTumINtheLIPS15

theres a hoyt brotha......bout tiem sumone backed me up on this.....:l

3. ARMallardSlayer

ARMallardSlayer Elite Refuge Member

What language are you speaking?

4. SHOOTumINtheLIPS15

i onnud uoy llet em???

5. UNCC Grad

UNCC Grad Elite Refuge Member

Matthews are nice bows, no doubt about it, but there are other choices out there no matter what all the Matthews groupies say.

Hoyt, Bear/Jennings, Bowtech, PSE and many others offer high quality bows, you just have to find the price range you want to spend and pick up all that several shops have and shoot them. Don't get wrapped up in the name hype, I have a Fred Bear Epic Extreme that shoots and draws smoother than any Matthews I have ever tried.

Since you seem to be settled on a Matthews, I'd look at the Outback and Legacy since they have all the newest features.

6. younggunz

younggunz Senior Refuge Member

for the record, hoyt sucks. just bought a matthews fx. lightest, fastest, sweetest, acurate. the leader in bow manufacturing, all else follow in there wake. spend the money, its well worth it. you dont need a bow that has an excessive draw weight either. i know guys that pull 80# plus, thats fine if youre gonna shoot a rhino, 50# will do the job with a well placed shot and a good broadhead like muzzy. practice, practice, practice, good luck.

7. misfire

misfire Senior Refuge Member

All this Hoyt sux, Mathews sux, you suk, stuff is cracking me up. :l If any of you truly believe that crap you are spewing it tells the rest of us one of two things.....either you just started shooting bows and have no idea what a sucky bow really shoots like, (any 80s compound) or you haven't spent any real time shooting whatever "modern" bow your running down. Trust me....there really aren't any bad bows or bows that suck out there right now.

Hoyt and Mathews are top of the line. (along with every other manufacturer out there right now) If you really want to shoot a crapy bow, I'll mail you my old Pearson Bushmaster and you can spend a day shooting that. The only catch is, you have to mail it back.....(sentimental value;) )

enough said......

8. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

Sorry to get off the subject but,....is it just me, or are there a lot of our younger folks who have a real problem with basic grammar. I'm not from the cultural center of the US, and am certainly not an english major, but I'm pretty sure my 4.5 year old daughter speaks better than some on this forum type. Is it on purpose, or is that really the level at which they speak and write? Kinda scarry.

to get back to the subject, I shoot a Q2XL and love it. Quiet, forgiving and effective. I'm sure you'll find most of the better manufactures have good quality bows out there, and most will do you well. By the way, I like the comment on draw weight. I have mine on about 65lbs and find that it does just great on big moose. Sharp BH's, tuning all are key though.

9. 3trees

3trees Refuge Member

I kill deer with a mathews fx set at 65lbs using gold tip camo xt and a 100 grain thunder head pro. The fx is a great deal for the money, light and 34 inch axle to axle perfect for a tree stand or a ground blind.

10. stoegerman

stoegerman Senior Refuge Member

Lad,
    Seeing that you are in metro Denver, Check out Bear Creek Archery. They are in Englewood. They have an indoor range and great service. There is a new shop located at 1-225 and Colfax, I think it is called High Country Archery. I will be at a meeting right down the street. I will let you know the correct name.