Mathews bows?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by lad52, Jul 23, 2004.

1. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

dallen,

I couldn't agree with you more! It's really sad to see some of the blatant lack of knowledge of the English language and grammar around here (not just this forum). I'm afraid it's a by-product of our public school system... but I digress. ;)

I stopped by this forum because like lad, I too am thinking about getting into bowhunting. The old recurve in the basement it truly an "instinct" shooter, and I'm afraid my instincts aren't up to the task anymore.

Thanks for all the tips, Guys.

2. Rich Baker

Rich Baker Senior Refuge Member

Mathews feathermax nuff said [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Any more questions???

3. twdjr

twdjr Elite Refuge Member

lad52,

So, what bow did you decide on?

4. jph

jph Senior Refuge Member

Ask anyone and they will tell you that I am hard on my equipment. I am good at dropping my bow out of my stand at least once a year. My Mathews has never let me down in crunch time. Even after the harsh treatment I give it.:tu

5. duck scout

duck scout Elite Refuge Member

6. High Life

High Life Senior Refuge Member

Lad,

Be very careful in regards to purchasing a Matthews bow.

They're manufactured shocking close to Madison, WI, liberal center of the US!

Wouldn't want to see you out there shooting a pinko, commie bow! I'd hate for that to wear off on you :l

Just messin' with you.

Have you checked out Reflex bows? I'm looking to replace my 14 year old Golden Eagle, and have checked these out. They seem like alot of bow for the money, and shoot fast and quiet. Could be incorrect, but I believe they lay low on the advertising dollar in order to keep their bows high quality yet inexpensive.

7. ShipleyCSA

ShipleyCSA Senior Refuge Member

Dont forget about PSE, they're the most reliable bows I have ever dealt with. I Shot on a shooting team for 4 years, everyone shot PSE, including myself. Not bashing any of the other brands, I like them too, but I'll almost always take a PSE into the field over anything else.

8. SuperNova

SuperNova Elite Refuge Member

Easy there. Just because you think Hoyt is better doesn't mean mathew's sucks. I am not a Mathews fan, but obviously they don't suck. The fact that you are 16 has nothing to do with anything. THat comment you made was more along the lines of a 12 year old. Try not to slam other people's stuff.:sp

9. SuperNova

SuperNova Elite Refuge Member

I understand you want a Mathews. Well I won't try to talk you out of one, but you owe it to yourself to shoot all the big names. Maybe you will find one you like better. Just a couple I would reccommend. Mathews Outback, Bowtech Liberty, Bowtech Patriot, and Hoyt Xtec. Try out a bunch you'll be glad you did.:tu