MB 23 Vanguard ?

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by rmk800, Jan 17, 2008.

1. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

In regards to the highlighted area, I believe you have a member that has posted on your forum that offers this service.

But your mods may have banned him seeing it as a threat.

2. rmk800

rmk800 Elite Refuge Member

Darke1,

the way i read this thread i am wondering one thing...are you trying to scare away your own business?? if these guys are dealing with a company you are affiliated with,then why are you raggin on them?? dont they pay for your service?? doesnt make sense?? :z

3. Kevin Hall

Kevin Hall Senior Refuge Member

RMK800 ...

I believe it's about "setting the facts straight".

Drake1 has said that he will not have an "exclusive" business ... he will work on motors and/or supply parts to anyone - not just a singular MM manufacturer. From what I understand, MB has an "exclusive" contract with Al Hodges ... you can only get Al's parts (for MM's) through MB.

Now, if you've PO'd as many people as Mud Doctor ... Al is losing business (through no fault of his own).

JMHO. :)

4. MudGrappler

MudGrappler Senior Refuge Member

I dont think you understand the whole story or the history with Mud Doc.

5. Mud Doctor

Mud Doctor Elite Refuge Member

Thanks, I will check it out.

6. Mud Doctor

Mud Doctor Elite Refuge Member

There was a huge misunderstanding and yes, I was ready to pack it up.

However Mike and I spoke today and we are back on track.

I will say this. We do not want Robert or Mike to be Mud Buddy exclusive. We do not sell that many modded small motors and I can't make that promise. However, if they build a Mud Buddy motor when we get to the fine print, it must be a Mud Buddy motor.

Whatever happens I think the world of Robert and I wish him the best of luck. Mike, again, thanks for returning my call today and I am happy we are back on track. :tu

7. GMAC

GMAC Senior Refuge Member

A walkin talkin contradiction.. :sp :sp

8. rmk800

GMAC,

i dont look at it that way. not to come to the aid of mud doctor here( i actually could care less). however look at it this way. if you as a company were going to drop dollars into R&D through another company, wouldnt you want what you are doing to be protected for your company. not to say the other company that has done the R&D cant do business with other folks, but just protect what you have had them do for you.

rather than you pay for the R&D then it is sold to everyone else on the market at your cost and you see no benefit of it!! the business world doesnt work that way....it is all in the fine print! i think that is business 101. protect your company first...or you have no company!!

so as a real world example here: if mudbuddy pays these guys to soup up some motors for their shortails...it must stay that way. these guys can still soup up motors and sell their services....but when it comes building that type of motor to go on a mud boat...it has to be protected. if not they sell to some other company and well...your loosing because of it! now if mudbuddy cant own up to taking enough fo these motors through delievery well then that is the delima...do you enter into a contract or not!

so its not really a contridiction...its business! gotta love the capital market system!!!!

9. GMAC

GMAC Senior Refuge Member

Your argument only works if MB pays for the development of a very specific part.. Labor doesn't fall into that category.. Purchasing parts that are already developed doesn't fall into that category either.. Your argument is flawed..

10. rmk800

well what is the point if they are buying parts already developed?!!? sounds like a weird deal to me!

just buy them and bolt them on yourself. end of story right?!

i dont think my arguement is flawed, it just seems i dont know the whole story. which is no real surprise!!!

ok carry on!