McCain says NO

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by stump, Sep 22, 2017.

1. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Health Insurance is a product that pools risk in order to pay for the possibility of health problems or illnesses.

Health Care is a service of treatment to an individual.

W/ the ACA - all incomes being equal - a 50 y/o subsidized Silver Plan male - non smoker - in great physical condition living in zip code 34110 - pays the same monthly premium as a a 50 y/o subsidized Silver Plan male - chain smoker - morbidly obese living in zip code 34110.

2. pintail2222

If they could have - I'd imagine they would have - and lived to be able to tell us all about it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  3. pintail2222

I'd like a catastrophic plan and a Dr. and his Clinic on a monthly retainer for routine health care. Get the Federal Government out of Health Insurance. I don't want insurance coverage for routine health care. I only want coverage if - God forbid - I was to have a severe illness.

4. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

I don't reject your idealism but it takes the whole discussion to a much broader level. Be it the government or the private sector, lowering costs will in essence be done via coverage restrictions or access. Frankly the private sector does it today.

5. eel river

I imagine you can get that now with paying the penalty.

6. eel river

Pay the penalty and you can if the private sector wants to offer you that.

7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Yes, at 4x the cost what it was pre-ACA... Its what I had before, and similar to what I have now. Mine is expensive through work, but manageable. My MIL, on the other hand, owns her own company. The quote she got was more than what she typically pulls in every quarter. Oh, not to mention, either way, she didn't get to keep her doctor, and since it cost so much, she didn't get to keep her plan. Now she just has the most basic, cheapest plan, because that is all she can afford, and keep the company running.

8. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Now that is the funniest thing you have said yet regarding this! First off they are prohibited by law in offering the policy that I had which was another lie your messiah said. There is nobody offering this in the market because by Obamacare law they cannot. All policies have to adhere to the prescribed mandates set down in Obama Care. So your argument is a joke and another example of your dingle berry existence!

9. pintail2222

According to my health insurance provider - BCBSFL I can not have catastrophic coverage as my sole policy because I do not qualify.

- Be under 30 years old, or
    - Qualify for a "hardship exemption" (a situation that prevents you from being able to afford health coverage).

I'm 55 and healthy. I lost a boulevard tree to Irma but unfortunately that does not qualify me for a "hardship exemption".

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    stevena198301 likes this.
  10. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

NoW isn't that a real kick in the shorts eel. You going to say that if enough people want it. Companies would sell it? They can't to people like myself and others.