Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

MD DNR Laws that make you go hmmmmm

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Duckshot69, May 7, 2005.

1. Duckshot69

Duckshot69 Elite Refuge Member

Note: The woodchuck and nutria are classified as “unprotected mammals.” As such, a hunting license is not required to hunt woodchucks and nutria except in Baltimore and Frederick Counties. Woodchucks and nutria may be hunted throughout the year, including on Sundays. Hunters must wear fluorescent orange while hunting woodchucks. All legal hunting devices may be used to hunt woodchucks and nutria.

You have to buy a license to hunt an unprotected animal in only two counties ? Chaaa chingggg !!!!!

You have to wear blaze orange to hunt ground hogs ??? ...... Uh who the heck was the brainiac that thought this up ? :z

2. Rockfish

Rockfish Elite Refuge Member

Only you would be looking into this. Anyway heres the part that I like.
    . more specifically
    . Not trying to start anything, but wouldn't it be nice to do this during duck season!

3. yuk

yuk Guest

If you should ever stumble upon anything about MD you like, please, feel free to post them. It would be nice once in a while. :rolleyes: :sp

4. Duckshot69

I was gonna start a thread on DNR's inability to post CFL lands for everyone to understand and agree on but someone beat me to it :rolleyes: :clap

5. yuk

yuk Guest

It's good to call people/state's upon issues and practices you feel are not fair or justifiable. However being a non-resident such as yourself, I don't feel you have the right and it gets boring after a while. Please, at anytime, feel free to limit the amount of hunting you do in this poor quality state. You provide a great example of why "non-residents" have limited access to the bay and will most likely always be.

6. Duckshot69

Where is the link to the " dumbing of the board thread " when ya need it ? :confused: I serched yesterday for it and could not find it . I think muddyduck created it about a year ago . Think it seems pretty fitting right now . :yes

7. yuk

yuk Guest

It was Big Lefty that started it and I remember it well. Fitting or not, the fact remains that you only complain about MD practices and offer no solutions that would improve things on the bay. Are you a member of the PRWA/MWA, or MSA? If not, perhaps you should become a member and help out abit if you already do not.

...What's in it for Duckshot69????

8. yuk

yuk Guest

......I'm sure there is a reason it is what it is. Perhaps someone laying on their belly or shooting prone was mistaken for a hog and shot in the past, which may have been avoided if that person was wearing orange, who knows. Hunters do stupid things. Ran across an older fella on state land in the past. We talked for a bit and my friend asked him if he had any luck or seen any deer. His reply was "I took a couple of sounds shots early in the morning"..........Sounds shots!!!! What the h ell is a sound shot???

.....He said he heard something in the bush and pulled the trigger. :rolleyes:
    Nothing personal here, but at a certain point it starts to become insulting.
    JMO :)

9. Duckshot69

Right now nothing but Yuk attacking me for no reason starting at 7:06 a.m. right out the chute . I won't argue it because thats what you want . The other day it was Scotty and today it is me I guess . DS69 = refuge victim #142 :yes

10. yuk

yuk Guest

........Whaaaaa!!! :cry
    Can I get you a tissue?