Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

MD DNR Laws that make you go hmmmmm

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Duckshot69, May 7, 2005.

1. Tad

Tad Elite Refuge Member

We seem to be one glove-slap-across-the-face away from our first annual "Shindig Duel"! :clap

I suggest we stick it between the "Cage Match" and Raffle, thus improving my odds of actually winning something. :grvn

2. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

The research comment on the Taliban kind of makes me chuckle. :dv Have you ever been to Afghanistan?

I will not appologize, and never did I equate you to the Taliban, my point was that just because you are standing up for something you desire (Frederick County hunting on Sunday) does not make you righteous.

Never did I say you were wrong, or what you are trying to accomplish is wrong, but your constant chastisement of the members here is as wrong as it comes. I probably would have stood up for "your cause" because I agree that you have the right to do what you want on your property, but I'll be damn if you are going to tell me I have to, or that I am wrong for not backing you. If anything, your constant hijacking of every other thread that you don't view as important, and using it to bash everyone that hasn't stood up for your cause, is counterproductive.

Last time I checked, freedom of speech is not manditory. We still have the choice to stand up, and defend the causes that we chose to. In that choice, I am not required to stand up for every cause that someone in the world sees fit.

Now, to stop you incessant complaining about lack of support here, I'll make you a deal. You stated that if 20 people gather at their delegates office, then they will automatically walk a bill to the governor's office. Now, if you can gather 19 individuals from this board (18 not counting your self) I will burn a vacation day to be #20, and we'll see if we can get your proposal before the governor. Here's your chance to do something, Mr. Roosevelt.

I will stand up for your cause, dispite the nagging, now fulfill your end. Now, if you chose to respond, have the courtesy to do so in another thread, so we can stop hijacking this thread too.

3. yuk

yuk Guest

I'm #17 :tu

........sorry for hi-jacking and posting trash, making S.Christopher un-interested and them pigmy's down der in new guinea, Amen!!! :dv
    :l

4. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

For years the early duck season was either the first or second week of October. I remember comments on the DNR web site from this region of the 2003/20004 early duck was the last week of October becuase of the muzzleloader season dates. This region had concern for early frosts moving their wood duck before the season opened. This didn't happen but they should be more confortable with the current second week of October. I agree, as you stated they should have every consideration of early season dates. In late 70's or 80's there was Western and Eastern zones to compensate them for an earlier opener. If you don't have to juggle the early duck season again for muzzleloader they should be Ok with the second week of October. You will have other regional concerns and wishes formulating these dates as any radical changes might raise opposition, just something to think about.

Bunyan, thanks for thinking of them :tu

5. mhoffman

mhoffman Senior Refuge Member

What ever - I don't seen that anyone responded to your questions … several pages ago.

"I hope know one minds if I go back to the original post. Why is it that you have to be 150 yards from an occupied dwelling to hunt (without permission) but you can target practice next to their house and it's ok? I have a personal bone with this one."

--The requirement related to the prohibition of hunting within 150 yards of an occupied dwelling (without the permission of the dwelling's occupants) is commonly referred to as the safety zone requirement. It is established in state law for that purpose. DNR law does not regulate the discharge of firearms for purposes other than hunting. That authority is vested in local (county, city) governments.

"Why do they drop valuable info out of the hunting guide that could once be found there? Such as a muzzle loader with a charge in it is an unloaded weapon as long as there is no ignition device on the nipple. ( primer cap) I have been questioned about this by an officer and on the range."

--We are always trying to improve the hunting guide. I will pass the suggestion on to the person who edits the Guide.

"Why do they tell you to put a blue stripe on the trees to mark private property, then when there is a problem they say it would not hold up without written signs?"

--State law and regulation does allow a landowner to post their property as no trespassing in this fashion. And ignorance of the law is no excuse. You also need written permission to hunt on private property state-wide. It is possible that in some jurisdictions the courts don't understand the blue paint provision … that is something were law enforcement can educate.

Best,
    Mark

6. notwhouthink

notwhouthink Elite Refuge Member

So I am a little confused.

Do we still have to wear orange to shoot whistling pigs. :confused: :confused: :confused:

7. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

Please see link to Poll below

http://refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=342197

8. Duckshot69

Duckshot69 Elite Refuge Member

Mayor here is the lastest version after Jerky and you got straight on the 7 day first season split issue ..........

Sound better Krispy and everyone ????

Revised revised duck season could be .............

10/15 - 10/20 (opens on a sat and only touches one day of muzzleloader)

11/5 - 11/25 ( opens on a sat and stops on the traditional day before deer firearms)

12/17 - 1/28 (opens on a sat and closes on a saturday)

Goose could be ...........

11/17 - 11/25 (opens on a thursday and runs right to the opener of firearms deer season )

12/17 - 1/28 (opens with saturday duck like it should plus finishes with duck without skipping days )

9. what ever

what ever Senior Refuge Member

mhoffman thank you for your response.

10. jkryspin

jkryspin Elite Refuge Member

Jon - I thought the other proposal was better for the most opportunity for the most people to kill birds...

...but this one "may" keep the peace...