Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

MD Proposed gun control legislation. ALL gun transfers must go through FFL

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by The Other David, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

Because you realize what I said makes sense, and what you are pushing is not even close to infringing on our rights.

The second amendment does not give us the right to sell guns- you do know this right?

2. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

No, it is because there is no reason to beat a dead horse.
    You are wrong about the Second Amendment and selling (or buying) guns. The transfers of guns is an inherent part of the freedom, and there is no related freedom if there is no way to purchase or sell a gun. Your example is like saying that you have a right to free speech, but you have no right to present your speech except to small groups in your own living room.

3. Scotty

Wait a second- did you read what you wrote? Does this bill say you can no longer sell guns?
    No, it just says you have to use a licensed person and do a background check.

Please explain the difference in buying a gun in a store and doing a background check, and having to do one if you buy it from jim bob? Is there one? Oh wait- I know what the difference is, the NRA makes you believe there is one.

Where in the second amendment does it say we can sell guns to each other? If that were the case, why do we even have FFL dealers or NICS checks at all?

I think it is you who does not understand what you are talking about- because you are actually making zero sense.

4. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

Scott, not everyone wants the gubmint all up in their bidness! Plus this adds an unnecessary expense to each sale, and for what? I see it as unneeded.

5. Scotty

I talked with my dad last night- I really don't think the added cost etc is appropriate, and he made a good point. The person selling the gun already went through this crap.
    Idk- the idea is good, but I'm not sure what it will solve other than maybe keeping a felon from buying a gun- but who knows how many.

6. Cfoty

Cfoty Refuge Member

Just wonder what percentage of criminals that commit crimes go to the local gun shop and by a gun legally. Or how many go to a gun show and buy a long gun to commit a crime. Like most gun legislation this is only proposed so someone can say " I'm doing something about the crime problem" when in effect this won't deter a thing. Criminals are criminals for a reason like every other law they violate this one will be ineffective too.

7. The Other David

Cfoty,

Quite a bit is known about gun crime, including how crime guns are obtained.

Crime guns are mostly obtained through the black market. Guns are stolen, sold, and re-sold. Straw-purchasers buy them for their friends.

Hardly any are obtained from gun shows or from retail outlets.

Furthermore, hardly any crimes are committed using long guns of any kind. So, why bother?

8. Ruination

Ruination Senior Refuge Member

The law could only serve to do good and in exchange you have to have a slight inconvenience. Terrible.

Scotty likes this.
  9. The Other David

Just imagine the laws that could be written using your philosophy! Where to start? So many good intentions. What is it that the road to hell is paved with?

10. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

....I guess, by know anyway, we should be able to see statistics of whether or not this is true.

How many crimes were committed with an unregulated firearm that was legally purchased but later sold without going through an FFL.

Allan likes this.