Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

MD Proposed gun control legislation. ALL gun transfers must go through FFL

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by The Other David, Feb 8, 2017.

1. slacktide

slacktide Elite Refuge Member

at work or behind the wheel driving to work...
    How about before they pass any more laws regarding the restraint of guns and gun ownership, the courts should start enforcing the laws that are out there. Specifically for instance, in Baltimore this past week an 18 year old piece of **** was shot by a policman after he jumped from a car during a traffic stop,was chased down and had a gun (pistol) in his hand when confronted by the officer. The officer shot him dead... however, it turnd out that this citizen was on bail from a previous crime in which a handgun was used, and that he was also awaiting trail on yet another crime in which a gun was present... ***. No more plea bargaining away the gun charge to accept 3 years without going to court.... Commit a crime with a gun in your possesion is supposed to be a MANDATORY five years, start enforcing that first....

By the way, I do agree that we have had enough legislation on our gun ownership rights... lets start enforcing laws such as drunk driving laws... Did you know that Virginia has a mandatory 6 month jail sentance for DUI... probably not going to even attempt it with that kind of solid punishment staring you in the face.

2. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

All crime guns (except those stolen from the military and police) initially entered circulation legally. They are diverted by criminals.

HatterWayne likes this.
  3. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

I don't remember my father having to go through anything when I was a child, at Caldor, Best or Two Guys.

He just asked for it and they handed it to him. Even let him walk it around the store.

4. GooseChaser1

GooseChaser1 Senior Refuge Member

They are pushing this same thing here in New Mexico (SB48 & HB50) with the same backing and funding from Bloomberg.
    Stay on top of this, that is what we are doing here in NM writing and contacting our representatives.

Each democrat controlled committee (senate & house) in New Mexico has approved for passage.

We have both houses in Democrat control pushing this but have a Republican Governor, hopefully she will veto this if passed by both houses.

Dennis S. (Rio Rancho, NM)