MDC Duck Hunting Survey

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Gooseaddict, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Dark gray rubber decoys and I bet you killed over them too. Maybe the secret to killing these educated birds these days. Give them something they ain't seen, kind of like a "new species". Wonder how much you could order new dekes with no paint for?

2. feetdown71

feetdown71 Senior Refuge Member

Mostly Duck Control (MDC) at its finest!!!!

3. DuckMan62

DuckMan62 New Member

I would agree 10gagenut we are very fortunate to have SOME public duck at least offered to everyone. That in itself is fantastic and I can not talk what other states do but in that regard it is a decent system.

4. DuckMan62

DuckMan62 New Member

Can't agree with you more, but unless a rich uncle or by other means you have to own your own property then MDC's public hunting is what most people know and use. For me I will hunt the Rivers when it looks like the ducks start to actually use them.

5. Mallet67

Mallet67 Refuge Member

I got online and put in my opinion for the survey I for one would like to see the survey results and I think we should all demand to see them if anything it should be able to be released under the Freedom of Information Act because no matter what we all put in there going to lie about it and do it their way

6. Sunklands

7. Sunklands

There's to many hunters, to few ducks, and to little dedicated wetland that is owned by MDC. They should've used our tax dollars years ago to acquire land in foresight of this.

longshot lucas likes this.
  8. Duckman Racing

Duckman Racing Elite Refuge Member

My biggest complaint other than the quick draw is how few parties some of the areas allow. Eagle Bluffs is over 4,000 acres, but they only hunt 18-19 parties. That is a huge waste of resources, in my opinion. They should be able to hunt 2-3 times that number easily. Some other areas are better, but most are in the same position.

9. DuckMan62

DuckMan62 New Member

Good luck. They don't want you me or anyone else to kill their ducks.

10. Sunklands

New member, same smell.