Meanwhile over on the Facebooks...

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Cache, Nov 21, 2016.

1. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

20 years ago, I spent a few nights out there on the lake & sunk about 25 pallets scattered in the dead timber so we could hunt outside of our boats. It doesn't matter anymore, somebody will encroach the area regardless how long you've been set up.

Hugatree likes this.
  2. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

" The things a man will do to kill a duck. "

Phil Robertson

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

So, on the latest AGFC weekly report, I noticed this:

"Waterfowl hunters also should be aware that It is unlawful to operate a boat in any manner that is hazardous to persons or property on any part of a WMA including ramps, structures, boat lanes or other areas. Intentional violation of boating safety laws carry a fine of up to $5,000, a possible jail sentence of up to 90 days, revocation of the ability to access any WMA in Arkansas for one year and the loss of hunting and fishing privileges for one year."

Is that new? It sure doesn't seem that it's being enforced...

Hugatree likes this.
  4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

All depends on your definition of "hazardous." Means different things to different people. I encountered some stretches driving from Memphis to Austin yesterday that scared me a hell of a lot worse than any of the "WMA boat race" videos I've seen.

Hugatree likes this.
  5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Specifically asking if the fines/implications have been in place for longer than just this year. I don't do the boat race thing, so I don't keep up with the boating regs.

6. Wack

Wack Elite Refuge Member

Looks like a shotgun start at an idiots tournament. One more reason everybody should hunt only in Missouri.

Hugatree likes this.
  7. rubline

rubline New Member

yeah,its new. and yes they are enforcing it "when" someone is caught.
    just ask the bbdhs that got popped running the north south ditch then turned down same ditch that video was taken on. never heard the official number but 13 is the rumor of citations.

8. Broussard09

Broussard09 New Member

Why don't they put agents in a boat in the middle of the canal to fully lit up to slow the boat traffic down from the launch. I mean it ain't that difficult to figure out to stop this.

9. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

Like I said on yo other post, get yoself a boat with 40-70 hp motor and hit the White, Felsenthal or Arkansas and get away from the crowds. Any place easy to get to will bring forth great consternation.

10. LAquacker

LAquacker Refuge Member

The last weekend at Felsenthal we counted over 30 trucks pulling lawnmowers headed to the ramp. :mad: