Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Mercury Vesselview Mobile

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Blake Johnson, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Blake Johnson

Blake Johnson Refuge Member

What information should I be able to see for my 2017 mercury 60 HP outboard? I know different motors and ECM's will show different information. It is a great tool so far but the instructions and online info is very limited.

2. Blake Johnson

It turns out you don't get a lot of different information from a small motor like mine. What I do really like about the vesselview mobile is that it it tracks the hours and maintenance needed and gives me the rpm's and speed. Since my boat is a plain one without gauges it was nice to find out my WOT rpm's. My Lowe roughneck 2070 is doing 30.2mph at 5900 rpms carrying almost 1000#.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Sounds like a neat app.

What's your WOT RPM unloaded (or was the 1000# your unloaded rig)? 5900 is near the top of the max running RPM of that motor, is why I ask. Sounds like it's set up pretty close to perfect, if that's your boats unloaded weight.

4. Blake Johnson

That was with the load. I didn’t get a chance to check the boat unloaded. There was 3 adultas, a child, 17 gallons of fuel, anchor and misc other stuff onboard.

5. Dave Adamson

Dave Adamson Senior Refuge Member

Doesn't this app require a module to be installed by the dealer? What does that run if you don't mind my asking. I just put a new 90 horse 4-stroke on my roughneck and the tach I ordered hasn't shown up yet. I downloaded the app on my phone tonight and would like to use it instead of just the tach.

6. Blake Johnson

I paid $267 for the module on Amazon that I installed. It works with IPhones or Android phones. It takes about 2 minutes to hook it up and sends the info to your smart phone via bluetooth. Well worth the money and a great thing to put on a used merc to find out what the real hours are and if there have been any faults before you buy it. It just plugs into the wiring harness and can be unplugged just as easily. I've read that they are much more accurate on the RPM's than guages are.

Dave Adamson likes this.
  7. Dave Adamson

Dave Adamson Senior Refuge Member

8. stevena198301

Nice.

9. Blake Johnson

Thanks, With the loaded RPM near the max of 6000 is there anything I should be concerned about when unloaded or should I just expect a little faster speed? I assume (yikes) that the motor is governed and I wont exceed the maximum RPM's.

10. stevena198301

No idea. I would have to assume they have a limiter(?). From what I gathered off the Google, the Merc 4Ts have a limiter set to 6200RPM.