Merritt Island Report

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by CUT'EM ALL, Dec 14, 2005.

1. dakota31400

dakota31400 Senior Refuge Member

Ya, I guess your .00001 percent contribution to the destruction of sea grasses is insignificant in the minds of most folk....but it's not to me.

AND YOU WONDER WHY THE YANKEES HAVE PRICED YOU RIGHT OUT OF YOUR HOME:grvn.....HIND SIGHT IS 20/20

I'm almost 50 with a bad back and lung disease.....if I can walk it in, so can you.

When my 11 year old daughter drives the boat, she drives slow only to avoid her nightmare of hitting a Manatee...Why can't you?

When she sees you fly into shore she frowns...Why?...She obviously knows more than you.

2. CUT'EM ALL

CUT'EM ALL Senior Refuge Member

Why dont everybody just get an airboat. then we aint got to worry about this crap. the manatees and grass will be safe. Another thing, can a manetee swim in 6" of water, I think not. If u got a tunnel with a surfacedrive mm you can run in 6" all day and not touch the grass. I think this should be a moral issue, and not a legal issue. I live in the panhandle, and we dont have much of a problem up here. People know the seagrass is very important, and the people around here want to protect it. I will run in the skinny stuff all day in my duck boat cause i know it aint hittin grass, but in my flats boat, i shut down and pole onto the flats. I know merrit gets more traffic than we do, but the laws aint workin, so try something different.

3. Kyle

Kyle New Member

Hey everyone hope yall had a great season. I just got into duck hunting last year and got hooked pretty quick so this fall will be my first time heading out in the refuge. Definitely will scout it out good before season starts but just was wondering what species I was most likely to be seeing and what calls you guys would recommend to bring out there? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!

4. eorlando

eorlando Senior Refuge Member

How the hell did you manage to bring up a 10 year old thread?

5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

**** thought that said 2015 wasn't paying much attention. Any help would be appreciated!

6. Kyle

Kyle New Member

And couldn't find any more recent discussions if there are any please point me in the right direction