Merritt Island

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by FloridaFowler, Oct 1, 2008.

1. FloridaFowler

FloridaFowler Senior Refuge Member

Nobody else I talked to got the yellow cards this year. You got 3 or 4 per permit (since that's all the hunters that are allowed per permit), but they didn't have the area or the dates on them, so they were useless. Either way, getting those permits in the mail....I was like a little kid last night. I constantly tell people at work and my girlfriend that the opening day of duck season is better than Christmas, but they don't get it (should probably reconsider both! haha!). And any day at Merritt Island is better than the hunting around most parts of Tallahassee.

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Refuge Member

I know the last few seasons the permits are like this years. Just keep everyone within 30 yards of the permit holder and you'll be within the regs.

3. DrakeDuster01

DrakeDuster01 Elite Refuge Member

Mine was in the mailbox last night when I got home from work. :tu

4. ShotGunED

ShotGunED Refuge Member

I got my 3 the other day...all for the second phase. I'll hunt a local lake for the opener.

5. sicilianmandan57

sicilianmandan57 New Member

Well I'm glad everybody is so happy about getting their permits. I'd like to know how ya'll get them. I had 5 people start calling at 8:00 and using redial I was the first to get through at 12:50, 5 minutes before they stopped taking calls for the day and all the permits for the areas that I wanted were gone!!!
    This is my 6th year doing the same process and I can never get through. WHAT IS THE SECRET.....HELP!!!!!

6. Chopper

Chopper Senior Refuge Member

Lucky I guess. Started at 10 and was done in 2 minutes.

7. FloridaFowler

FloridaFowler Senior Refuge Member

Sicilian: Much better to do it online. All the permits are gone in about 10 minutes or less.

8. Lake O Hunter

Lake O Hunter Elite Refuge Member

a new invention called the world wide web...clicked refresh once from my desk and life was good...calling from 8-10 was futile by the way!

9. sicilianmandan57

Thanks for all of the replys. Guess I'll remember the internet next year. Now I know I was given bad info from the the people at the refuge who said it was only done by phone and that was the fairest way that they didn't have internet capibilities. Should go back and bitch slap that wanna-be naturalist!!:mad::mad::mad: Now that I have this site I'll talk to you guys first. You all know more than the people who manage it..seriously. Again guys a sincere thank you:tu

10. sicilianmandan57

P.S What is the url I need to go to so I can put it on my desktop so as not to ever forget.